• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

453 CPFINV to select files

453 CPFINV to select files
    Could Compare Parent Fodlers in New View please select the previous files, expanding folders as required?

Thanks.
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Compare Parent Folders in New View is most useful when in a file compare session. When used from a folder session, it does the same thing as Up One Level Both Sides (except that it puts it in a new tab). Interesting... I've never even thought to use CPFINV from a folder compare session.

I guess you're suggesting that, when used from a folder compare, the same subfolders expanded in the original compare will remain expanded in the new parent folder compare. Ages ago I requested that, when a new path is entered on one side of a folder compare, the unchanged side remain expanded rather than collapsing when the folder compare is reloaded. If the Scooter team considers you request, then I hope they reconsider mine as well. My guess is that neither will get implemented.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

I guess you're suggesting that, when used from a folder compare, the same subfolders expanded in the original compare will remain expanded in the new parent folder compare
      Yup.
      Ages ago I requested that, when a new path is entered on one side of a folder compare, the unchanged side remain expanded rather than collapsing when the folder compare is reloaded. If the Scooter team considers you request, then I hope they reconsider mine as well.
      I'd like that too. And I see enough different unwanted collapse situtations to make me more confidenct SS will want to review this.

Comment

Working...