Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtalbott
    New User
    • May 2011

I worked with the BC3 guys a year ago to put together the correct format for AccuRev to work with Beyond Compare 3. Here is the FAQ we have posted at our site:

PROBLEM/ABSTRACT:
    AccuRev has several Diff/Merge tools that are listed by default in the dropdowns on the Diff/Merge tab. While it doesn't appear so, these are actually edit boxes. To change to a tool like Beyond Compare 3, please follow these guidelines.

RESOLUTION:
    * Select Preferences from the Tools menu.
    * Switch to the Diff/Merge tab.
    * Diff: overwrite the preset with: "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\bcomp.exe" %1% %2% /lefttitle="%3%" /righttitle="%4%"
    * Merge (v3 Pro): overwrite the preset with: "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\bcomp.exe" %1% %2% %a% /mergeoutput=%o% /lefttitle="%4%" /righttitle="%5%" /centertitle="%3%"

These settings can be extrapolated to other installed locations for your tool.

Thanks,
    James Talbott
    AccuRev Evangelist

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for posting the setup in detail, James.

These steps should now match our posted instructions for AccuRev in the VCS KB article:
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• cfEngineers
        New User
        • Sep 2012

Here is what worked for me in Windows 7 should also work with vista

Here is what worked for me in Windows 7 should also work with vista

Diff:
        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %1% %2% /title1=%3% /title2=%4%

Merge:
        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %1% %2% /savetarget=%o% /title1=%4% /title2=%5%

Comment

Working...