Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shatfield Guest

Question using BC3 with AccuRev

My development team uses AccuRev for SCM, and it appears to have BC2 support... but I need to figure out how to integrate BC3 with it, including the merge tool.

Any ideas?

TIA,
    -Steven

Try this:

Open Tools --> Preferences

On the Diff/Merge tab, enter the following command lines:

Compare
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %1% %2% /title1=%3% /title2=%4%

Merge (3-Way: BC3 Professional)
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %1% %2% %a% %o% /title1=%4% /title2=%5% /title3=%3%

Merge (2-Way: BC3 Standard)
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %1% %2% /savetarget=%o% /title1=%4% /title2=%5%
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

What version of AccuRev is this for? We're on 4.6.1 (still...), and every Diff With Backed says file not found.

Left pane points here: C:\Documents and Settings\<myname>\Local Settings\Temp\cat2274<filename>, which does exist, now.

Right one points to the correct file in this workspace, which does exist.

Middle pane here: C:\Program Files\AccuRev\bin\(<streamname>). Don't know what that's supposed to be, or why there is a middle pane at all for a simple Diff With Backed. I'd guess that this is the problem, since the other panes seem right.

Anyone have any ideas? I confess to not diving into the BC cmd line for a very long time.

This is on xp sp3.

Thanks for any help,
    d

I do not have AccuRev...and have never used it. The command lines above were suggested based on my knowledge of BC3 and the information found here:

http://www.accurev.com/download/docs...User_Prefs.htm

Sorry, I can't provide any additional assistance without actually having an environment to test in.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761

"Diff With Backed" sounds like a compare function, not a merge function. If that is the case, there should be no middle pane. Are you sure you used the shorter command line above to define the Compare command line in AccuRev?

If none of your panes were loading correctly, I'd try enclosing your path variables in double-quotes... but, from your description, that does not seem to be the case.

2-way Compare (Diff):
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" "%1%" "%2%" /title1=%3% /title2=%4%
    Last edited by Michael Bulgrien; 20-Nov-2009 at 04:12 PM.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Hmmm, I'm pretty much certain I put the various cmd lines where they belong. I just tried your quoted version, same behavior.

Odd. May be because this isn't the current version of AccuRev.

Can't spend any more time on this for now, but thanks again for your help.

Let us know if you have more time to troubleshoot the issue later.

Here is our KB article listing several Version Control solutions:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_vcs.php

You need to determine what AccuRev defines as the parameters for your version, and then pass them to Bcomp.exe as BComp.exe $(TrunkFile/Left) $(BranchFile/Right) $(AncestorFile/Center) $(OutputFile)
    If it is just a 2 way compare, then BComp.exe $(TrunkFile/Left) $(BranchFile/Right)
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Some good news, and some less so.

At least with this (non-current) version of AccuRev, its Diff preset for BeyondCompare V2 works fine. So, I'm a fairly happy camper, right out of the box.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have any BC presets for Merge, but that'll keep for another day.

Thanks again.

Actually, it appears that I'm an idjit. On the machine where I tried using the BC2 accurev preset, I actually had BC2 still installed, as well as BC3. When I tried on a machine without BC2, it does not work.

Since AccuRev has a BC2 preset, have you tried asking them for a BC3 preset?
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761