• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genius74
    Visitor
    • Jul 2009

Disable line alignment

How to disable line alignment, i.e I want to see to files side by side with
    red marked different lines between them without BC tries to align them.
    For example:

0 1
    1 1
    1 0
    0 0
    0 0
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

In the Text Compare:
    Go to the Session menu -> Session Settings, Alignment tab. Manually type in '1' for the skew tolerance.

How does that work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• genius74
      Visitor
      • Jul 2009

Worked perfectly for me , thanks.

Comment

• SteveT
        New User
        • Sep 2019

When comparing excel files (.xlsx) I dont get the Alignment tab in the session setting (using BC Version 4.0.7). Is there a way to disable the alignment (or do a manual alignment, that option also seems to be gone) when comparing excel files?

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC 4.2+ have added Alignment Settings. All 4.x updates are free for 4.x users, so you could update to the latest BC 4.2.10 to get this feature.

This thread is specific for the Text Compare, which does have the Alignment options (but does not sort by Key). You can open Excel files in the Text Compare with an additional downloaded format:
          http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl..._moreformatsv4

In the Tools menu -> File Formats, whichever *.xlsx format is higher on the list is used by default (where the icon represents the Viewer used: Purple table sheet for Table Compare, and White paper for Text Compare).
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

I should add that, out of the box, the Table Compare sorts and aligns by the Key column, which is column 1 by default. You can right click any column(s) to set as Key, Standard, or Unimportant. Multiple Keys together form the whole Key, ie: FirstName + LastName columns
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• SteveT
              New User
              • Sep 2019

Thanks, I removed the key column settings, and I also had to go to Session Settings... "Columns" tab and check the box "Unsorted Alignment". That seems to do the job, at least with the files I'm comparing.

Comment

Working...