Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello together,

Unfortunately your link does not work AlexMannW.
    I am using MKS 2006 Build 4.8.0.4101 with service pack 013-02.
    According to AlexMann this migth be the reason.

I attached the configuration screenshot. The Settings there are just copied from the BC Version Control Support page.

Regards
    Markus

Hello Markus,

I've corrected my link.

Your command line in the settings is correct (you're using 2-way merge, don't you?).

So the MKS version you're using is most likely the reason.

Best regards,
    Alex.

P.S. I've just heard we get a next update of MKS in this autumn. So I recommend to wait for the coming update.
    I hope they'll have fixed another of my suggestions: Right now MKS changes the original file name extensions of the temporarily checked-out files [when diffing files] to *.tmp. So this is pretty annoying because then BC3 doesn't have a chance to automatically recognize the file format. (Workaround: Assigning *.tmp to the file format most often diffed (c/cpp at my site).

Hello Alex,
    yes I am using two way merge.
    And now I have to wait for the MKS update.....

Hello Alex,

Beyond Compare supports a couple of additional command line arguements:
    /vcsleft, /vcsright, /vcscenter, and /vcsoutput.

These can be used similarly as the /lefttitle command, except these will also affect which file format is picked. So if you have *.tmp, but know at the time of the command call what filetype it should be, you can pass that in with the /vcsleft arguement and the fileformat will be correctly selected.

More detailed reference can be found in the Help file under Command Line Reference. Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Aaron, thank's for the info, I didn't know about that.

Unfortunately it doesn't help with MKS. When diffing two file revisions selected in its history, MKS does not provide any information about the working file name [,extension]. It only provides the revision numbers and the paths to the checked-out temp files (with the *.tmp extension). So I don't have any information I could pass to BC via /vcs*-arguments.