X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

10374 In FTP refresh, New Folder failed

During an FTP refresh, right-click offered New Folder and I used it ... but the folder was not created.
    Last edited by chrisjj; 02-Jul-2009, 02:25 PM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello Chrisjj,

I tested this. The folder was not created right away, but was created later once there was a free connection. If you try this again, and wait until processing stops (the blinking abort button goes gray) does the folder still not create for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

> If you try this again, and wait until processing stops (the blinking abort
      > button goes gray) does the folder still not create for you?

New Folder... 1s after start failed. New Folder... 1s before end succeeded with delay.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

We have tested on a couple machines in the office and are still not able to reproduce this behavior. Either the folder is created almost immediately, or if it does take awhile it will eventually appear.

What is your connection speed to the FTP site? How large is the folder structure and how many files/folders are there?

I would like to determine when the Create Folder command is happening. Is the Folder Structure still being built when you issue the command, or is the content comparison occuring? Is this also on your OSX 10.3 ftp server?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

> We have tested on a couple machines in the office and are still not able to reproduce this behavior.

Thanks for trying.

> What is your connection speed to the FTP site?

Does BC3 tell me?

> How large is the folder structure

Large??

> and how many files/folders are there?

A few dozen.

> Is the Folder Structure still being built when you issue the command

Since I cannot she the BC interals, I would not like to say.

> or is the content comparison occuring?

Dunno. I press F5. Before the refresh completes, I do New Folder...

BTW, New Folder... fails to even show the dialog here if it is executed in the window's initial FTP pane refresh.

Comment

Working...