• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbessie
    Journeyman
    • May 2008

"Browse for Folder" hangs

Hi all...

I'm using Beyond Compare 3.1.4 build 10554. I decided I wanted to try the "sync" function. I brought up BC3, selected "Folder Sync", but in the "Browse for Folder" window, when I expand "My Computer", it just hangs. No response. I have to kill it.

I then tried just a regular folder compare, but starting from "Browse for Folder". Same thing.

If I use it the way I usually do -- using the Explorer integration, so select files or folders and compare (or select left then right), it works fine.

But when I try to browse, it hangs.

Anyone else having this problem?

- Tim
  • tbessie
    Journeyman
    • May 2008

Sorry folks, it seems this had to do with the typical situation where I had 4 mapped shares, and it was taking the usual 30 seconds per drive looking for it when it wasn't mounted, I think. So nevermind.

- Tim

Comment

• msgBldr
      Enthusiast
      • Dec 2009

Loop on Context Menu>Explorer

My brain was on auto-pilot after lunch and I right clicked when I should have just pushed the sync button. Next, I accidentally hit Explorer subitem, BC3 then went into loop 90% CPU.

I could not kill or esc from it, finally killed the process and started over. I could not repeat this but thought you might like to know.

...Bob

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for letting us know.

Do you remember what your selection was when you went to the Right-click menu: Explorer?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• msgBldr
          Enthusiast
          • Dec 2009

Not sure I completely understand your question but the submenu never came up.

Are you asking where the cursor was? I don't really remember. Only that it was on the left side of the compare someplace about 3/4 down. I doubt that's helpful.

I'll pay attn and try to do more diagnostics if it happens again.

...Bob

Comment

Working...