X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • szf
    New User
    • Jun 2009

BC3 and Fedora 11 x86_64

Capturing this info for someone else out there. If you have a Fedora 11 (Leonidas) 64-bit install and you need the Beyond Compare tool, then
    1. Get the latest BC3 available from Scooter Software
    2. sudo yum install qt3.i586
    3. cd [Download/untar directory]/bcompare* ; sudo install.sh
    4. sudo yum install compat-libstdc++-33.i586
    5. sudo yum install qt3-config.x86_64

After that, you should be good-to-go. The last most item is not required, but will allow some configuration of the BC3 interface. You may experience some text-clipping with the default font, for example.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks, szf!

Help with different walk-throughs and 64bit installs is always appreciated.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• lsces
      Visitor
      • Jan 2009

problem with libqt-mt.so.3

Having moved to fedora after running into problems with suse, mandriva and a few other distributions on the way ... I found fedora11 installed almost everything in a format I liked, using just old enough versions to not have problems, and apart from a niggle with graphics I was running very quickly.
      I've come to reinstall BC as I really do find it a very useful compliment to Eclipse but hit a snag. The above seemed to work fine, but BC will not start -
      Some Shared Libraries were not found
      libqt-mt.so.3 => not found
      Everything else looks fine, and there is a copy of the libqt-mt.so.3 link to 3.3.8, but both 32bit and 64 bit versions are present. I don't think this should be a problem, but can't understand why BC can't find the 32 bit one when it's seeing the other libraries in the same place!

Comment

• lsces
        Visitor
        • Jan 2009

problem with libqt-mt.so.3 - sussed

libqt-mt.so.3.3.8 is in a qt3 sub-directory, which seems to be the problem. I've bodged things for the moment, and copied it to the private beyondcompare library folder. When I looked at the startup script, the problem was fairly obvious, but I'm not sure how to fix it correctly!
        Anyway - I'm doing the job that I NEEDED BC in oreder to complete

Comment

• nighthitcher
          New User
          • Apr 2010

64 bits feasible...sounds great..
          -----------------
          testking JK0-016 For Help testking HP0-J38For Knowledge testking 70-653 For Study
          testking 70-663
          Last edited by nighthitcher; 04-Nov-2010, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...