X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ehwv
    New User
    • Jun 2009

filter settings for one side only

As I understand it filter settings, as in Name Filters, Other Filters etc., are applied symmetrically to both left and right side files.

I'd like to apply filter settings to one side only (say left side) and do a compare with the corresponding files on the right side. So, for example, for the left side select all files with the read only attribute disabled and compare those files with the correponding files on the right side irrespective of their read only settings. Is this possible?

Kind regards,
    Eric

using BC3-pro version 3.1.3 (build 10374)
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Your specific case should already work as expected. The read-only file will appear on one side, and the otherside will show what it is aligned with. The other side will be teal in coloring if it does not have the Read-only attribute set, but should still show and compare.

Are you not seeing this behavior? Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by ehwv
      ...the left side select all files with the read only attribute disabled...
      Eric, you can filter on DOS Attributes from:

Session \ Session Settings... \ Other Filters \ DOS Attributes \ then set the Read-only attribute to "Exclude if set".

To base the selection on the left side, I would suggest using the toggles view on your toolbar and deselecting right orphans.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...