X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • earth-friendly
    New User
    • Jun 2009

do a complete compare of a folder and all its files

I'm new to Beyond Compare, and I think it's wonderful!
    Is there a way that I can set up the options so that when I do a folder compare, it goes through all the files in the folder (and in subfolders) and compares them, and decides if they are "=" or not, and puts the appropriate "=" or "not equal" symbol next to each file?

I'm using the folder compare, along with the merge, to upgrade a huge software package, where I've made changes, and they have made changes. I'd like to be able to see at a glance which files I have not modified, so I could just copy over their new versions, rather than having to click on each file to see if they are equal.

I realize it might be slow, but I'd like to have this option available.
    It may already be available, but I'm just figuring out the options right now.

Thanks very much!

Regards,
    -Lori-
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Under session settings (Session \ Session Settings... or click on the referee button on the toolbar) you can specify the criteria to use for comparisons on the "Comparison" tab. On the "Handling" tab, you can tell BC to automatically scan subfolders in background and, if you wish, expand subfolders when loading the session. You can also configure BC to only expand subfolders that actually contain differences.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• earth-friendly
      New User
      • Jun 2009

Thanks very much! That's exactly what I needed!

Comment

Working...