Default Command line option or script to manually align

I often have a list of filename/line-number pairs that I want to compare. What I need is to be able to tell BC to open the two files, manually align on the line numbers, and center those lines vertically on the screen.

This would be a big help in that sometimes I have a thousand or more visual comparisons to make, and I would love to be able to jump straight to the area of interest without having to select lines and scroll around for each file.

Is this possible now?

Thanks

Sorry, it isn't possible to do this right now. You can pass the name of two files to open on the command line, but it isn't possible to pass a line number to center on through the command line.

Passing line numbers to manually align and center on by command line argument is on our wish list for a future version of BC.
    Chris K Scooter Software

You can, however, configure BC3 to automatically go to the first difference in a file pair when the compare is opened:

Tools \ Options \ File Views \ Next Difference \ When loadeing new files, go to first difference.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Thanks, Chris. I do look forward to it as it will save me a lot of time and improve my accuracy.

Michael, I didn't know of that option. It won't quite do what I need, but it's good to know.