Exclude NTFS junction points from comparison?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aidan.whitehall
    Visitor
    • May 2009

Exclude NTFS junction points from comparison?

I'd like to exclude folders that are NTFS junction points from a comparison.

I looked for a "Junction" option in the "Other Filters" tab, but it's not there.

Is there a way to do this?

If it's not doable, can I submit it as a feature request?

Thanks!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello Aidan,

We have a graphical arrow to indicate Junction points or symlinks, but do not have a specific filter for them. You can use a name filter to filter them out, or right click and Exclude them (which creates the name filter specific for that item).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Could you go into greater detail of your comparison if this solution does not meet your needs?
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• teapot
        New User
        • Feb 2010

Exlcude NTFS Junction points from comparison

I too would really appreciate the ability to click something that would set the program to exclude all symlinks/NTFS Junction points from the comparison.

Beyond Compare seems to follow the links infinitely: it's like putting two mirrors facing each other! As they are junctions, the files don't really exist in those virtual direcotries; they are somewhere else, but BC beleives they are real files and tries to copy them multiple times, which is not neccessary.

It is good that NTFS junctions are highlighted by an arrow, but it can be a bit of a mission to go through many hundreds of directories to exclude them manually when the computer coulddo it in a flash!

Grateful for your consideration of this!

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Thanks, teapot. I've added your notes to our Customer Wishlist.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...