X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcanup42
    Visitor
    • Apr 2009

Unwanted Name Filters

I have a couple of unwanted Name Filters in my Filter Drop down List that I added by mistake. What would be the process to remove them?

Jim
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Go to Tools -> Options, Folder Views: Filter Presets, and delete the text line that contains the presets you no longer want.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jcanup42
      Visitor
      • Apr 2009

Thanks Aaron,

But that only gets rid of the Filter Presets that shipped with BC3. I typed some o my own filters in the filter dropdown trying to learn the filter syntax and some of them are incorrect. Such as: "!*.trx". Now I cannot get rid of them and they are not in the list of Filter Presets you pointed me to.

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Oct 2007

If the filter keeps coming back in an saved session, remove the filter, then resave the session from the Session\Save Session dropdown menu item.

If the filter comes up in new folder compare sessions... after clearing your filter, set the context dropdown to "Also update session defaults" before clicking OK.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• jcanup42
          Visitor
          • Apr 2009

The problem is that the unwanted filters are not in the Options, Folder Views: Filter Presets to be deleted. I have found no where to delete them.

Comment

• Lutz
            Veteran
            • Oct 2007

Hi Jim!

You're talking about the filter history! In the Filters-dropdown they are placed after the entries in Options/Folder Views/Filter Presets. To seperate them visual I placed
            "======================
            === Filter-History ==========
            ======================" at the end of Flter Presets.

The filter history is kept in BCState.xml/MRUFilters and to delete them You have to delete the entries with an editor from BCState.xml directly.

Perhaps sometime in the future there will be an option to delete history from the GUI.

Greetings Lutz

Comment

• jcanup42
              Visitor
              • Apr 2009

Great - that was what I needed.
              Sorry for the confusion gents.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Thanks, Lutz!

I've added your suggestion as a tracker entry. We'll look into a better solution for clearing these out than manually editing the .xml.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...