X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It's something we want to tackle, but the current Find wasn't initially built with this behavior in mind, and isn't a small change to implement. Given this is how many modern Find solutions work, it's definitely on our radar when we're redesigning this area of the program.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ddk
      Visitor
      • Apr 2009

+1 for this. Like others, I find I must keep copying text to Notepad++ to get that highlighting. BC is such amazing software in so many respects. Please add this feature to be even better.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

It's usually a combination of current work schedule resources, areas of the application that are currently being worked on, and interacting with existing systems (for compatibility and performance). There's also usually an edge case that makes implementation more difficult than it appears.

It is clear that it would be a useful feature, and as other text editors support a similar workflow it is something we'd like to do. While I'm unsure if we'd implement a double-click-like interface, enhancing the Find functionality is still on our radar to allow highlighting all instances.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• rkhoury
          New User
          • Feb 2022

This would be SUCH a great feature. I don't suppose you'll let an external developer help? I'm a software developer and would be happy to take a look, and I imagine most who are using this tool are software devs and happy to help.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Sorry, no, but we do appreciate the offer.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• hispeedsurfer
              New User
              • Feb 2023

Hallo together, we now have the year 2023. BC is a brilliant software when it comes to content comparison. But to push a well-founded and useful feature request 14 years ahead of time, I find a bit questionable. If it's not feasible or wanted, please explicitly note it here and be done with it.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Hello,

We have limited developer resources, and the developers that would work on this feature are busy with other features and bug fixes. This section of the project isn't something that an external developer could jump into. It is something still on our radar if we're able to bump it up our schedule. For an overview of everything else we've been working on in that time frame, our changelogs posted in the Downloads page offer an overview, in additional to the work we're currently doing on an eventual BC5.0.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• MichaelR
                  Journeyman
                  • Dec 2007

Just to inform the others here, who might have subscribed to this topic: I posted the request to the BC5 Beta Discussion:
                  https://forum.scootersoftware.com/fo...-selected-word

Comment

Working...