X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Fully Collapsed Sessions Tree

In the Interface options for the Home view, please provide a checkbox to open the home view with a fully collapsed sessions tree. Please, this is really important to me!
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Tim
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

The session tree automatically opens to the most recently used item (in my mind an extremely useful feature). Let's refine your request to one of these:

[ ] Don't auto-select most recently used session

[ ] Never auto-select an auto-saved session
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• markf_2748
      Expert
      • Apr 2008

related but different request for Home sessions tree

Could you add "Expand All" and "Collapse All" buttons or icons for the Home window sessions tree (similar to what is available in Folder Compare)?

Comment

• Erik
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Expand All and Collapse All are on the session treeview's right click menu.
        Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• markf_2748
          Expert
          • Apr 2008

Thanks, RMB works well.

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
            Carpal Tunnel
            • Oct 2007

[ ] Never auto-select an auto-saved session seems like a good choice. It preserves the useful functionality while alleviating my immediate issue with auto-saved sessions. I assume that, if the last session opened was not from a manually saved session (i.e. launched via the explorer context menu) and I have not saved the session, then BC will open the next time with the session tree fully collapsed.
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
              Carpal Tunnel
              • Oct 2007

I need to clarify... It is not just the "Auto-saved" sessions that I would like to collapse. It is also the "New" branch. I've used the tweaks dialog to remove the new session buttons. When I launch a new session via the sessions tree, I do not want the "New" branch to automatically be expanded the next time I launch BC3. So, my suggestion is really:

[ ] Never auto-select new and auto-saved sessions
              BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Tim
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

The "New" node is opened as a convenience, in lieu of showing the buttons. It's not just opened due to the auto-select feature. So, I think your suggestion is:

[ ] Collapse New Session node and never auto-select auto-saved sessions
                Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
                  Carpal Tunnel
                  • Oct 2007

Yes, that is the functionality I am looking for... Or separate into two configurable settings:

[ ] Collapse New Session node
                  [ ] Never auto-select Auto-saved sessions
                  BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Tim
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

Is there anyone else that this is important to?
                    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• penguin22
                      Enthusiast
                      • Dec 2007

I can agree with having the option to disable the open to Auto-Saved sessions.

The wording Never auto-select Auto-saved sessions might need some tweaking (see above, have the option to Open to Last Used Session, and default it to enabled). Unless you think that what is in the paranthesis does not fully cover what you are trying to accomplish.

Comment

• Tim
                        Team Scooter
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by penguin22
                        I can agree with having the option to disable the open to Auto-Saved sessions.
                        Thanks, but would you personally enable the option? Do you find it a hassle when BC3 opens to a long list of saved or auto-saved sessions?
                        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• penguin22
                          Enthusiast
                          • Dec 2007

Actually I like the feature of remembering the last used session personally, but could see how it would bother some and be worth having the option to disable. That's why I vote for leave enabled by default because most users wouldn't necessarilly look for it unless it bugs them having it.

After updating to the 453, all of my old auto-saved sessions for some reason poped into Today, but since that one time, they have remained in the proper days. And those that all showed in Today, as of now are in the More than 6 days category.

Comment

• Pete
                            Fanatic
                            • Nov 2007

Regarding the expanded/collapsed state of the Session tree when BC starts:

1) I'll likely never use the "Auto-Saved" or "New" branches of the tree. I'd like them to always be collapsed (or ideally not there at all) when BC starts and while BC is running.

2) On the other hand, I'd like BC to remember the expanded/collapsed state of each folder and subfolder of the sessions that I've explicitly saved. Even if my previous BC session started from Windows Explorer (per Michael's example), I'd like the Home view to never automatically collapse my explicitly saved sessions, but rather to always maintain the state they were in when I last exited BC.

Regarding whether BC automatically selects the last-used session when it starts, it doesn't matter to me if this happens or not, but I would only want it to select one of my explicitly saved sessions.

Comment

• Pete
                              Fanatic
                              • Nov 2007

I was just playing with this and decided that the current behavior is pretty much the opposite of what I would want or expect: when I start BC it collapses every level of my explicitly saved sessions and expands/selects an obsolete "Auto Saved" session. And all this despite that I had selected one of my explicitly saved sessions before I exited BC.

Comment

Working...