Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1 for marking carriage return differences unimportant.

Default Ignoring carriage-return in text compare

This would help Immensely. Please make it so in the next revision.

Sorry to revive an old thread but +1 on the ignoring carriage returns.

My company uses an auto-formatter on Java code which splits function calls accross lines. It would be great to see the actual differences in code other than this reformatting and would make any tool that does this a must buy.

Thanks for the interest. Ignoring carriage return differences is still on our wish list for a future version.
    Chris K Scooter Software

I was wondering if this feature has been implemented yet?

BC3 can ignore the carriage return character itself, but not text lines that are spread across multiple lines (an inserted line break).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Default No brainer

Yep, I just bought a license half an hour ago and was unpleasantly surprised to see that this feature hadn't yet been implemented. It's 2014 and although yes I can see that we all think our own desperately needed feature is the one everyone wants but come on this is surely at the top of the list for most people.

Hello,

It is one feature we are certainly aware of, but we have limited development resources split between new features and bug fixes. Bringing BC4 to all 3 platforms has been a very large project. Tackling this feature is on our radar, but is itself also a large project.

We certainly don't want a user to be surprised by the capabilities of what they're purchasing. We try to provide as easy a trial (no registration, fully featured, time limit only counts down days you actually use) and are available if you have any questions before purchase. If our current feature set is not going to be able to meet your needs, please contact us at support@scootersoftware.com with a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Any news on this feature? the changelogs around BC4 were so long that perhaps i missed that's possible already and dunno how to do it :)

And as pointed, it isn't just ignoring CR/LF, but rather CR/LF+SP.. spread across multiple lines.

For example:

if (foo) call();

Vs:

if (foo)
    call();

Or even better, Vs:

if (foo) {
    call();
    }

Under the Rules/SessionSettings->Importance i did tried to add the regex "\n\s+" as Unimportant text, but that doesn't seem to work :(

Hello,

The compare still consider line breaks important, and differences across multiple lines would be compared line by aligned line. In cases like this, code tidying can help. We have a few conversions on our download page for Java Tided, HTML Tidied, and XML Tidied, which reformat the syntax to match for the comparison. If you are familiar with another command line tool, we can plug into it following this guide:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...rnalconversion

Adding the ability to compare items across line breaks is still on our wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software