Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

(Sorry for delay, somehow mail notification for this thread got turned off for me.)

Yes, I hit this frequently while working. Furthermore, this is a regression since BC2, as I had the same workflow before, and it worked correctly with BC2. I have elaborated this in more detail in post #6 (http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...19&postcount=6).

May I ask you kindly to check out the Microsoft documentation on ForegroundLockTimeout registry value? I would expect BC3's behaviour not to override or circumvent this system, and its tabbed UI to emulate the same behavior. Currently, it seems that tab-less UI seems to override this Window's default behaviour, and the tabbed interface uses a different paradigm.

I have checked this by putting Notepad.exe instead of BC3 in my SCM setup, and other Notepads correctly open in background if I start typing in the first one. BC3 somehow seems not to honour this setting.

Thank you very much in advance,
    Alen

I have to correct myself. Latest updated versions, I guess since the fix that Craig mentioned was implemented, work ok if tabs are disabled (i.e. if each comparison starts as a separate app window). It is just the tabbed interface that doesn't behave correctly.

So it turns out it doesn't override the ForegroundLockTimeout any more, I was wrong on that remark. The assumption was based on earlier testing.

Can you fix the tabbed interface to behave correctly as well?

Thanks,
    Alen

Thanks for the additional information, Alenl. I've created a tracker entry for this issue.

How many tabs are you opening at once (30?)? And is it only triggered when you then close one while it is still opening others?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I've created a tracker entry for this issue.
    Thnaks!

How many tabs are you opening at once (30?)?
    Yes, 30 is a good example, though if you are quick at the keyboard you can easily notice this as an annoyance even with as little as 5 files.

And is it only triggered when you then close one while it is still opening others?
    Yes. If I close one while others are still opening, my focus changes two times. Once as expected, and once more briefly afterwards (when the next one opens). E.g. if I close #1 while #5 is pending to open. My focus will first be at #2 and then switch to #5 (as it finishes opening) without any input from my side.

Thanks for addressing this issue!

Alen

Bump.... Just interested in the status of this. Noticed another version was released, but this bug is still here... Thanks.

Hello alenl,

This is still an open issue we are looking into. We have not had any additional reports since it was opened, but I will bump the issue entry as well.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.