• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 150d
    Enthusiast
    • Dec 2008

Commands in FolderSync

Hi,

I like the new "Folder Sync" mode of BeyondCompare v3. However, I was unable to find any commands in it: I couldn't select a file and sync it using the right click context menu, there weren't any "action commands" in it like there are in "Folder Compare" mode. Besides the missing sync commands, I was unable to even delete a file or directory on the FTP server. The local side had an entry "Explorer" which gave me the Windows Explorer context menu, which did list a "delete" option. The only sync action I was able to find was the big AutoSync button.

Is this the way it is supposed to be? Maybe I didn't quite unterstand the intention of the new mode, but without being able to select individual actions (move to other side/delete) per file it's not quite optimal for me.

Regs,
    150d
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hi 150d,

Yes, this is the way it is supposed to work. The "Folder Sync" session is meant to sync all files in the base folders. To start a sync, click the "Sync Now" button.

If you want to sync only selected files, or use other file operations, use the "Folder Compare". You can still access some synchronization commands using "Actions > Sychronize" in the Folder Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• 150d
      Enthusiast
      • Dec 2008

Hi,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Regs,
      150d

Comment

Working...