Clear All
  • boskovuk
    Journeyman
    • Oct 2006

folders - hot to preserve their time stamps

This is the environment:
    - Windows XP
    - BC 3.0.10

As I copy folders from R to L, the BC does not preserve original folders time stamps (see attached image). Everything gets stamped as created today.

The above applies only to folders - files are copied over correctly (i.e. their time stamps are preserved).

Is BC 3.x capable of preserving folders' time stamps (upon copy/etc. command)?
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Sorry, BC doesn't support preserving folder modified dates on copy. You can copy folder timestamps using the Actions > Touch command if you have administrative rights and the file system is NTFS. An option for file operations to automatically preserve folder timestamps is on our wish list.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• boskovuk
      Journeyman
      • Oct 2006

incorporate 'Touch' into Copy/Synch?

Originally posted by Chris
      Sorry, BC doesn't support preserving folder modified dates on copy. You can copy folder timestamps using the Actions > Touch command if you have administrative rights and the file system is NTFS. An option for file operations to automatically preserve folder timestamps is on our wish list.
      Chris,
      thanks for the hint on 'Touch' functionality. I didn't know it existed.

How hard would be for the dev team to incorporate (give an option) the 'Touch' functionality into 'Copy' or 'Synch' commands/requests?

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Adding folder timestamp preservation for copy and sync is on our todo list, but I don't know what is involved or when it might get added.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...