Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bulgrien View Post
    After selecting a contiguous block of lines on one side and pressing F7, select the contiguous block of lines on the other side that you wish to Align with (instead of a single click). When you release the drag that selects the lines on the other side, the selections on each side will be aligned to one another.
    It does not appear to be working that way in Beyond Compare 3.1.1 (build 12204). If I select a range of lines and press F7, a blue bar lights up next to the last line of the selection. Then I select another range of lines on another pane, and only the last lines of each range get aligned to each other. The rest of the lines stay unaligned.

That means I have to align one line at a time, and that is extremely unproductive. I understand you are having a difficulty designing an algorithm to handle three-way realignment automatically. In the meantime, implementing what Michael Bulgrien described would be a very useful stopgap. Surely you can write a For loop to extend what you already do with one pair of lines to multiple pairs? Thanks!

Hello,

If you select multiple lines in the Text Compare session, and then press F7 or right click and select Align, you should see a light blue gutter bar for the entire selection. Other behavior would be unexpected.

If this is not the behavior you are seeing, could you email us a full screen screenshot and a copy of your BCSupport.zip (from the Help menu -> Support; Export). Please also include a link back to this forum post.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

For the Text Merge session type, it is on our Wishlist to add this feature.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Yes, I was talking about Text Merge -- sorry about being unclear. I am glad you are looking into it.