X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lutz
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

Hello!

I think what Chris wants to say is, that the thumbnail view should show the differences between two files as they are.
    If I ignore unimportant differences in the Text Compare the blue lines in the thumbnail view disappear. I somtimes wished them to stay because I forgot the ignore unimportant differences state.
    Originally posted by chrisjj
    1) Precise display of mixed-status lines. E.g. Currently red+blue are approximated as red. I'd like to see all status.
    Text Compare lines "abcde" vs. "ABCdex" should be shown as "blue/white" vs. "red/blue/white" (same and unimportant left, same and unimportant and important right).
    Originally posted by chrisjj
    2) Precise display of mixed-status sides. E.g. Currently main display's left red+black v. right black is approximated as left red v. right red. I'd like to see all status.
    Text Compare lines "abcdex" vs. "abcde" should be shown as "red/white" vs. "white".

White is representing black same characters but I think it is obsolete in both cases.

BTW: The Text Compare Orphans buttons are red. Should't they are blue?

Greetings Lutz

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

I would prefer it if text compare orphans were blue as well...even though I know that I can enable
      the Tools \ Options \ File Views \ Compare Colors \ Use merge colors for compares option.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• chrisjj
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Apr 2008

> The Text Compare Orphans buttons are red. Should't they are blue?

Even though they are indeed inconsistent with Folder Compare, I think it is right that they be consistent with the text comparison display.

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

> you're going to have to email or post a screenshot

An example of a simple case is attached.

The current thumbnail shows right-side red even though the comparison does not. The proposed thumbnail shows the same colours as the comparison display.

Comment

Working...