Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

> With never align differences checked, every line with differences will be a
    > mix of blue and red because there will likely be some whitespace that will
    > be marked as unimportant.

Again, not here.

E.g. when comparing logfiles, I see no whitespace differences. I have to say I think it would be the same for any other user performing a similar task.

I'm sorry, but I can't see what you're asking for. If you want this to get any consideration at all you're going to have to email or post a screenshot showing what you hope to see.
    Zo P Scooter Software

> you're going to have to email or post a screenshot

Will do.

Meanwhile, is point #3 clear?

Yes. I'll add it to our bug tracker.
    Zo P Scooter Software

Thanks.

Hello!

I think what Chris wants to say is, that the thumbnail view should show the differences between two files as they are.
    If I ignore unimportant differences in the Text Compare the blue lines in the thumbnail view disappear. I somtimes wished them to stay because I forgot the ignore unimportant differences state.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjj View Post
    1) Precise display of mixed-status lines. E.g. Currently red+blue are approximated as red. I'd like to see all status.
    Text Compare lines "abcde" vs. "ABCdex" should be shown as "blue/white" vs. "red/blue/white" (same and unimportant left, same and unimportant and important right).
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjj View Post
    2) Precise display of mixed-status sides. E.g. Currently main display's left red+black v. right black is approximated as left red v. right red. I'd like to see all status.
    Text Compare lines "abcdex" vs. "abcde" should be shown as "red/white" vs. "white".

White is representing black same characters but I think it is obsolete in both cases.

BTW: The Text Compare Orphans buttons are red. Should't they are blue?

Greetings Lutz

I would prefer it if text compare orphans were blue as well...even though I know that I can enable
    the Tools \ Options \ File Views \ Compare Colors \ Use merge colors for compares option.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761

> The Text Compare Orphans buttons are red. Should't they are blue?

Even though they are indeed inconsistent with Folder Compare, I think it is right that they be consistent with the text comparison display.

> you're going to have to email or post a screenshot

An example of a simple case is attached.

The current thumbnail shows right-side red even though the comparison does not. The proposed thumbnail shows the same colours as the comparison display.