Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Craig. I waited until this was finally resolved to uninstall Cirrus, since I almost always start BC with the Explorer Context menu option.

This morning, I uninstalled Cirrus, applied the registry fix and re-enabled the Context menu with Tools => Options.

I'm a happy camper again. Thanks.
    "Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

Default More Right Click Menu Missing

I am not able to get the context menus for BC 3.0 with WIN 7 64 bit. I don't understand what Cirrus is, is it a program that should be deletable under Programs and Features?

I have installed and uninstalled multiple times requesting the install for all and all 3 options (context window, start menu, desktop). If I look at tools\option dialog box the "Include Beyond Compare in Explorer context menu" is checked and Compare is on Main Menu.

When I run ShellExView I do not see any entries for BC 3.0.

I imported the script given in an earlier post into my registry but still no dice.

When my computer was running XP this used to work for me but since I was upgraded to Win 7 the context menus do not work.

Do you have any advice for what I should try next?

Make sure you're using the installer from our website for the current version 3.3.8. Some of our customers repackage Beyond Compare into their own installer. Sometimes this breaks the shell extension if they don't do it right.

If that still doesn't fix the problem, other programs shell extensions can conflict with Beyond Compare's shell extension. You can use ShellExView to toggle shell extensions on/off to see if one is conflicting with BC. You can skip testing shell extensions made by Microsoft because many are part of Windows and don't cause problems.

You can download ShellExView here:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
    Chris K Scooter Software

In addition to Chris' comments, if you are still having trouble, please email us at support@scootersoftware.com and include a link to this forum thread in the email.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hello,

i've the same problem. Where can i found the attached zip ?

KR,

sylvain,

Email support@scootersoftware.com and we'll provide you with registry patches to fix the context menu.
    Chris K Scooter Software