Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. Reorganizing these tools is still something we are looking into. In your case, are you currently using the Sync tools and need to compare timestamp and size? Or would it work to disable Timestamp, Size, and Override Quick Tests, and leave the Content compare and Filename Case enabled?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thanks for the reply. Leaving the content compare and filename case enable would work. However, I don't want to disable Override Quick Tests. I don't ever use the timestamp except for quicktest ... the dates of my files move around it is the content I care about and of course, the exact name, case included.

Ok, but if you do not ever use the timestamp for part of the comparison or syncing, why would you need to compare it? The Comparison tab only controls the aspects of the files that are compared. The timestamp will still be displayed in the main view, it just won't be one the criteria used to determine if files should be equal or different.

If you have only the content scan (Binary) and File name case enable, and disable timestamp, size, and quick test, then your files will only be marked as equal if File name case and Binary scan are equal. They will be different if either Binary scan *or* file name case is different.

If override is enabled, then the Binary scan overrides the quick test results (file name case).
    Aaron P Scooter Software