Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Team Foundation Server - Source Control Integration

Wow! What can I say? I love it! Today was my first day really exercising BC3 with Source Control Integration enabled. Being asked if I want to check out a file on edit is so cool. Yes, other IDEs do it...but to do it from Beyond Compare itself is great! No more BC comparing and merging all day long then trying to check out your changes at the very end. Way to go Scooter team!

Now, if you can just get BC3 to change to a new TFS workspace when you open a different controlled directory, that would be sweet.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

How did you get TFS to integrate with BC3? It is not detecting TFS as my source control provider...

Last edited by Michael Bulgrien; 05-Jun-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Added 2005 to the link description
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Default Thanks!

Worked like a charm...

Exclamation causes error?

anybody noticed they are getting the attached error now?

The only link i can find to it is my recent integration of this in to my BC3 installation.

No, but just in case it applies,
    here's the link for the Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Let us know if you are still having trouble after looking at Michael's link.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Let us know if you are still having trouble after looking at Michael's link.
    problem persists - the link he gave appears to be the same as what i have installed. i was presented with "repair / remove" options and chose "repair" then re-configured BC for SCI, error message has returned.

We haven't had any other reports of this error. What steps and circumstances cause this error to pop up?

Do you think a fresh uninstall/install would help rather than a repair? (I am hesitant to recommend it since I'm not sure how much work it would take).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    We haven't had any other reports of this error. What steps and circumstances cause this error to pop up?

Do you think a fresh uninstall/install would help rather than a repair? (I am hesitant to recommend it since I'm not sure how much work it would take).
    We appear to have found the cause, although the "workaround" is not a solution at all.

We (everybody on our development team) sees this error when we configure Source Control Integration within BC such that when you make a change to a file under your source control root on the local hard drive, an automatic checkout can be done.
    If we so much as load any file under the source tree, this error shows whether the file is checked in/out. Upon removing the association to the source control provider so this functionality isn't available, the error goes away.