X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hugh
    Enthusiast
    • Jan 2008

Zip files

i cant find any docs on zip file handling. in folder compare, i enter c:\backup\fred.zip and it asks me to "create" this. what i get is a directory called "fred.zip" and not a zip file.

what do i do to make bc3 work with zip files?

thanks,
  • Ernie
    Fanatic
    • Mar 2004

Ensure the zip file actually exists, and that you have permissions to access the zip file. Also, test the zip file to make sure it's not corrupt.

As long as the zip file exists, BC3 should open the zip file.

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hi Hugh,

Automatic creation of zips with the "Create" button, and "New Folder" and "Copy to Folder" commands is (I think) the only item remaining that we cut from BC2 to get the release out when we did. It's high on the todo list and should be done relatively soon.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• hugh
        Enthusiast
        • Jan 2008

zips

Hi, thanks for the answer. If i create a zip in advance it works.

however, if the zip file is on a USB drive i get the following errors:

29/08/2008 16:32:59 Unable to create ace: Cannot open file "e:\moo.zip". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
        29/08/2008 16:32:59 Unable to create ACEXML: Cannot open file "e:\moo.zip". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
        29/08/2008 16:32:59 Unable to create apps: Cannot open file "e:\moo.zip". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

When i try the same thing to c:\moo.zip, then it is fine. not sure if this is because the source and destination are the same device or whether it's a problem with USB devices. tried two USB devices and got the same results.

Comment

• lhasadad
          Expert
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Craig
          Hi Hugh,

Automatic creation of zips with the "Create" button, and "New Folder" and "Copy to Folder" commands is (I think) the only item remaining that we cut from BC2 to get the release out when we did. It's high on the todo list and should be done relatively soon.
          Did this get back in in BC3?

Comment

• Zoë
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Yes, it's been in for quite a while.
            Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...