Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

In today's release, we've added a "Don't show again" checkbox to the nag screen. The option also appears in the Tweak dialog (Ctrl+Shift+T). So if the nag screen bothers you, you can shut it off for now. The trial period will still be counting down but there should be plenty of days left to get everyone through May. You can check "days remaining" in the About dialog. (Be aware that there is an additional 15 day grace period after the original 45 days are gone.)

We'll probably keep the "no nag" option in through May and then remove it.

I also can provide license keys were necessary, although we're not set up for volume yet. You can email requests to [email protected]
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Tim
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

One idea is to display the reminder with ever-increasing frequency
      We actually did this early in the BC2 lifecycle. Perhaps we'll bring it back someday. We did have some trouble with people assuming they had registered when the nag didn't appear, then complaining later that "it must have lost my registration".
      Last edited by Tim; 22-Apr-2008, 03:46 PM.
      Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Tom
        Expert
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Tim
        In today's release, we've added a "Don't show again" checkbox to the nag screen.
        Nice! Hey, this isn't worthy of a full bug report, so I'll just add it here in the "old build" thread as a postscript. I let BC3 auto-update and then quit it right after it loaded the new version. I got an "asterisk" sound when it quit, and it's highly unlikely that any other program produced it. It didn't recur on the next start/quit cycle.

I'm wondering if it wasn't completely finished with part of the update procedure when I quit it the first time, I dunno -- or maybe it was just the updater signaling that it was done -- but either way, there was no dialog and no entry in the Event Viewer. (No sign of any install log in various temp dirs either.) Just trying to be thorough.

Comment

• ron
          Fanatic
          • Dec 2007

I got the ding too. It's the install complete dialog. If you were too quick on the keyboard you may have inadvertently dismissed it. Due to (I'm guessing) post processing after the install, the dialog was a bit slow to appear...on my machine.

Comment

• Tom
            Expert
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by ron
            I got the ding too. It's the install complete dialog. If you were too quick on the keyboard you may have inadvertently dismissed it.
            Aha. No, I don't think I did anything with the keyboard -- I hit the close box for the BC3 window and that's it. Maybe that part of the install script will have to be tweaked to offer sufficient delay if the dialog's useful.

Comment

• Dave_L
              Veteran
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Tim
              In today's release, we've added a "Don't show again" checkbox to the nag screen. The option also appears in the Tweak dialog (Ctrl+Shift+T).
              (Build 453) That's in the Windows version only, and not the GNU/Linux version. But I can live with the once-a-day nag.

Comment

• Chris
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Dave,

Thanks for pointing out the difference in the nag screen on Linux. I'll ask the development team to see if we can get the "don't show again" box in the Linux version as well.
                Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...