X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

No movable splitter in folder compare

Sometimes I want to make one side of a folder compare wider than the other so that I can see more of the expanded folder tree structure. Is there a reason why a movable splitter was not placed on a folder compare?
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Michael Kujawa
    Enthusiast
    • Oct 2007

I'd noticed that too, in my case because the split in folder view isn't in the same place as the split for file compare and I like to put the split between my two monitors

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Yes, it isn't possible to change the splitter position in the Folder Compare.

The Text Compare does allow resizing of the splitter. You can save the Text Compare splitter position by checking "Sticky splitter position" in the "Text Editors" tab of the Tweaks dialog. To open the tweaks dialog, hit Ctrl+Shift+T.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Kujawa
        Enthusiast
        • Oct 2007

Thanks, I didn't know about that. Now mine match

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Oct 2007

My original question has not been answered. Namely, "Is there a reason why a movable splitter was not placed on a folder compare?" I would appreciated it if this could be added to the wish list. Thanks.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Zoë
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

The view in the folder comparison is a single treeview control. It's not as simple as just slapping a splitter control in there and calling it a day. I also don't recall there being very many requests for in thus far.
            Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
              Carpal Tunnel
              • Oct 2007

Thanks, that's why I asked...because I thought that might be the case. If it would require a significant redesign, then I do not expect it to fall high on the priority list. I've managed with a fixed splitter in the past, I'll manage going forward as well...
              BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Working...