• Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Crashes with vbScript driven merges

Command line (vbScript) triggered merges consistently crash in BC 3.0.2
    The errors do not occur in BC 3.0.1

In BC 3.0.1 only one copy of BCompare.exe pops up in the Windows Task Manager and multiple merges open correctly in separate tabs.

In BC 3.0.2 multiple instances of BCompare.exe pop up in the Windows Task Manager and the application crashes.

I've sent some test files via email. I've had to revert to BC 3.0.1 for now. 3.0.2 is unusable for my current needs!
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Craig
    We're doing a new release today (3.0.3), but it won't have this fixed.
    I can reproduce the issue and it should be fixed in release after this one.

The issue is a conflict between the single-instance code and the /reviewconflicts flag. Short term you can work around it in your scripts by calling BC with just /automerge and then calling it again without /automerge for any groupings that return an error code of 14.
    I tried running these programatic merges again with version 3.0.4 and am still have problems. One instance of BCompare.exe and multiple instances of BComp.exe collect in the Windows Task Manager and never come back. If I continue to launch more merge sessions without clearing these items out of the Task Manager, BC3 crashes.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Perhaps a fix has been implemented afterall. Can you confirm? I just reran the merge, and it appears to have worked the second time around. The instances of BComp.exe in the Task Manager were associated with individual merge sessions that had opened in separate tabs in BC3. I'll post if I run into any more difficulties with this functionality
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

We released 3.0.4 early to fix an issue in 3.0.3, and no, I did not have time to get the fix in.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Oct 2007

Okay. I just got the crashes again. I'll wait for the next build.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Working...