X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthiass
    Visitor
    • Aug 2008

Size of Excel workbooks limited??

I've got large Excel workbooks with up to 20 worksheets.
    What do I have to do to check all worksheets?
    Because sometimes it may happen that only the first sheet is checked. In smaller files it seems to with up to 2 worksheets,
  • Erik
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

The built-in support for Excel workbooks uses the Data Compare and only extracts the text from the first worksheet. You can download the "Microsoft Excel Workbooks" file format at http://www.scootersoftware.com/v3formats which uses the Text Compare and extracts the text from all worksheets. Let me know if you need instructions on how to extract the text from all worksheets using the Data Compare.
    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• matthiass
      Visitor
      • Aug 2008

Hi Erik,

thanks for the quick response. Sorry for my late response.

I've used the plugin but it did it not correctly. The rows are scrumbled. Some rows are missing, some are at the end. And it looks like as BC only compared the first sheet.
      Are there any known issues about that?

Regards
      Matthias

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Oct 2007

By its very nature, a data compare will reorder the rows by sorting by columns with keys. To see the data in the same order as the spreadsheet, you need to go into session settings and check the "Unsorted Alignment" checkbox.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• matthiass
          Visitor
          • Aug 2008

Thanks, Michael.
          That hint helped. Now the rows are in correct order. But I can only see the first sheet which depends on the data compare.
          It helps me more to use the "MS Excel Workbooks With Formulas". The look is not that nice as in the data compare "MS Excel Workbook" but this compare looks through all sheets.

regards
          Matthias
          Last edited by matthiass; 01-Sep-2008, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...