Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default "mergeoutput" doesn't work

Hi,
    I'm using BC3 (Standard Version) and TortoiseSVN. I can use the mentioned string to call BC3 as external merge tool - one side shows the new file of the repository and the other side shows my locally changed file.

This looks like the "normal" diff - can BC3 shows the merge conflicts also? Or do I need the Prof-Version for this?

If I do an SVN update and click on the conflicted files, I can merge manually the changes with BC3 to my file and exit BC3 - it asks for saving the changed to my local file. But I have configured another filename with "/mergeoutput". How do I have to use the commandline parameter?

Please help. Thanks.

Regards,
    ZAO

Hello,

Mergeoutput is a parameter for our Text Merge session, which is a Pro feature. Our Text Compare session has a Left and Right side, while our Text Merge session can have a Left, Right, Center, and Output.
    If you would like to evaluate the Pro version, you can do so by reverting to Trial mode:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...kb_evalpro.php

To setup a 2way Merge in BC3 Std, you can follow the guide under TortoiseSVN here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_vcs.php
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Mergeoutput is a parameter for our Text Merge session, which is a Pro feature. [...] To setup a 2way Merge in BC3 Std, you can follow the guide under TortoiseSVN here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_vcs.php
    But on this page, the "mergeoutput"-parameter is mentioned for BC3 Std:

2-Way Merge (v3 Std, v2)
    Use the same steps as above, but use the command line:
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %mine %theirs /mergeoutput=%merged
    Can I use this paramter for BC3 Std or only for Pro? If it's available only for Pro, please correct the support page.

Regards,
    ZAO

The command line should be /savetarget=

I'll update the KB article shortly.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Yes, you can auto-resolve using TortoiseSVN, but it requires a bit of setup to do.
    1. Save the attached text file in your BC3 install directory as "BComp.vbs".
    2. If you've installed somewhere besides C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3 you'll need to modify the first line, and if you installed TortoiseSVN to somewhere other than C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN you'll need to modify the second from last line as well.
    3. Follow the steps for setting up 3-way merge for TortoiseSVN from our VCS page, except add "wscript " at the start of the command line and change "BComp.exe" to "BComp.vbs", so you end up with:
      Code:
      wscript "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.vbs"
        %mine %theirs %base %merged /title1=%yname /title2=%tname
        /title3=%bname /title4=%mname

If you save the merge file it will resolve it automatically. If you want it to ask for confirmation remove /noquestion from the second to last line. if you exit without saving it won't resolve.
    Hi,

Im currently using RapidSvn for in linux.
    1. is there another way of resolving the conflict without using the script ?
    2. will it work on linux ?
    3. if so should i make changed to the script ?

thanks.

Hello,

The VBS script and TortoiseSVn are generally Windows-only. The overall goal of the script was to call with the command line arguments to mark as resolved.

Once merged, I assume RapidSVN is not marking your files as resolved? How did you define BC3 in your 'Programs' tab (documented here: http://www.rapidsvn.org/index.php/On...ntents#Merging )
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Default Tortoise Git and Beyond Compare 3

This is what I found for the settings of Diff Viewer:

"C:\bc3\BComp.exe" %base %mine /title1=%bname /title2=%yname /leftreadonly

This is what I found for the merge tool:

"C:\bc3\BComp.exe" %mine %theirs %base %merged /title1=%yname /title2=%tname /title3=%bname /title4=%mname

Is the Merge tool supposed to bring up the 3 way comparison and the result window at the bottom?

What do I have to do to get it? I'm currently using the Standard Version.

Cheers,
    Mike Stone

As Aaron described in your other thread, 3-way merge is only supported in Beyond Compare 3 Pro. Beyond Compare 3 Standard only supports 2-way compare/merge.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Zoë View Post
    1. Save the attached text file in your BC3 install directory as "BComp.vbs".

BComp.vbs appears to no longer be attached. I lost my copy to a disk failure. Can Zoe or another please re-post? I would be grateful.

Hello,

Unfortunately, this file appears to have been lost during a forum upgrade. I asked our developers if they'd be able to recreate it but we don't have a back up copy here or reference material to the original issues.

Do any other users in this thread still have this file floating around? We'd be grateful (and would properly back it up this time ). You can post the code as plain text instead of attaching as a file.
    Aaron P Scooter Software