• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orip
    New User
    • Jul 2008

TortoiseSVN integration

Hi,

Sorry if I'm rehashing this, but I couldn't find updated command-lines to configure TortoiseSVN's external diff and merge with for BC3.

Anyone have them?

Thanks!
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Diff:
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %base %mine /title1=%bname /title2=%yname /leftreadonly

Merge (v3 Pro):
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %mine %theirs %base %merged /title1=%yname /title2=%tname /title3=%bname /title4=%mname

Merge (v3 Std):
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %mine %theirs /mergeoutput=%merged
    Last edited by Zoë; 31-Jul-2008, 09:27 AM.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• outspokengolem
      New User
      • Sep 2008

Is there any way to automatically svn resolved the merged file after it is saved?

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Yes, you can auto-resolve using TortoiseSVN, but it requires a bit of setup to do.
        1. Save the attached text file in your BC3 install directory as "BComp.vbs".
        2. If you've installed somewhere besides C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3 you'll need to modify the first line, and if you installed TortoiseSVN to somewhere other than C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN you'll need to modify the second from last line as well.
        3. Follow the steps for setting up 3-way merge for TortoiseSVN from our VCS page, except add "wscript " at the start of the command line and change "BComp.exe" to "BComp.vbs", so you end up with:
          Code:
          wscript "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.vbs"
            %mine %theirs %base %merged /title1=%yname /title2=%tname
            /title3=%bname /title4=%mname

If you save the merge file it will resolve it automatically. If you want it to ask for confirmation remove /noquestion from the second to last line. if you exit without saving it won't resolve.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• stucampbell
          New User
          • Oct 2008

Thanks. This is much easier to use than the Tortoise Diff tool.

I had to modify the first line to get it to work. You need quotes because of the spaces in the path.

Code:
          SCmdLine = """C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe "" "

Comment

• VOODOOS!L
            New User
            • Oct 2008

could you provide more information on this quick reply? i understand how to install it, but how is it used? what is the benefit of this compared to the other merge commandline?

Comment

• Zoë
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

By using that command line and the associated VBscript file BC will tell TortoiseSVN that the merge was successful so TortoiseSVN will remove the "filename.txt.mine", "filename.txt.r123", and "filename.txt.r234" files and change the file's icon from the "conflict" icon to the "changed" icon. If you use the command line we normally suggest you'll need to manually use the TortoiseSVN->Resolved... menu item after you save the merge result and exit BC.
              Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• VOODOOS!L
                New User
                • Oct 2008

Great. Thanks for quick reply. Can be handy indeed.

Comment

• free2create
                  Visitor
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Craig
                  Yes, you can auto-resolve using TortoiseSVN, but it requires a bit of setup to do.
                  2. If you've installed somewhere besides C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3 you'll need to modify the first line, and if you installed TortoiseSVN to somewhere other than C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN you'll need to modify the second from last line as well.
                  3. Follow the steps for setting up 3-way merge for TortoiseSVN from our VCS page, except add "wscript " at the start of the command line and change "BComp.exe" to "BComp.vbs", so you end up with:
                    Code:

If you save the merge file it will resolve it automatically. If you want it to ask for confirmation remove /noquestion from the second to last line. if you exit without saving it won't resolve.
                  Are these steps to use with TortoiseSVN still necessary ?
                  Is the BComp.vbs file the same as the BComp.com/exe that ships with BC3 now ?

Comment

• Aaron
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

Hello,

No, this is not built-in to BC3. You still need the vbscript if you want it to resolve automatically.

Otherwise, you can select the files after the merge, and mark as Resolved manually.
                    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ZAO
                      New User
                      • Nov 2009

"mergeoutput" doesn't work

Hi,
                      I'm using BC3 (Standard Version) and TortoiseSVN. I can use the mentioned string to call BC3 as external merge tool - one side shows the new file of the repository and the other side shows my locally changed file.

This looks like the "normal" diff - can BC3 shows the merge conflicts also? Or do I need the Prof-Version for this?

If I do an SVN update and click on the conflicted files, I can merge manually the changes with BC3 to my file and exit BC3 - it asks for saving the changed to my local file. But I have configured another filename with "/mergeoutput". How do I have to use the commandline parameter?

Please help. Thanks.

Regards,
                      ZAO

Comment

• Aaron
                        Team Scooter
                        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Mergeoutput is a parameter for our Text Merge session, which is a Pro feature. Our Text Compare session has a Left and Right side, while our Text Merge session can have a Left, Right, Center, and Output.
                        If you would like to evaluate the Pro version, you can do so by reverting to Trial mode:
                        http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...kb_evalpro.php

To setup a 2way Merge in BC3 Std, you can follow the guide under TortoiseSVN here:
                        http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_vcs.php
                        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ZAO
                          New User
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Aaron
                          Mergeoutput is a parameter for our Text Merge session, which is a Pro feature. [...] To setup a 2way Merge in BC3 Std, you can follow the guide under TortoiseSVN here:
                          http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_vcs.php
                          But on this page, the "mergeoutput"-parameter is mentioned for BC3 Std:

2-Way Merge (v3 Std, v2)
                          Use the same steps as above, but use the command line:
                          "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %mine %theirs /mergeoutput=%merged
                          Can I use this paramter for BC3 Std or only for Pro? If it's available only for Pro, please correct the support page.

Regards,
                          ZAO

Comment

• Aaron
                            Team Scooter
                            • Oct 2007

The command line should be /savetarget=

I'll update the KB article shortly.
                            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• gdangoor
                              New User
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Craig
                                Code:

Hi,

Im currently using RapidSvn for in linux.
                              1. is there another way of resolving the conflict without using the script ?
                              2. will it work on linux ?
                              3. if so should i make changed to the script ?

thanks.

Comment

Working...