Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TortoiseSVN integration

Hi,

Sorry if I'm rehashing this, but I couldn't find updated command-lines to configure TortoiseSVN's external diff and merge with for BC3.

Anyone have them?

Thanks!

Diff:
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %base %mine /title1=%bname /title2=%yname /leftreadonly

Merge (v3 Pro):
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %mine %theirs %base %merged /title1=%yname /title2=%tname /title3=%bname /title4=%mname

Merge (v3 Std):
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %mine %theirs /mergeoutput=%merged
    Last edited by ZoŽ; 31-Jul-2008 at 09:27 AM.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Is there any way to automatically svn resolved the merged file after it is saved?

Yes, you can auto-resolve using TortoiseSVN, but it requires a bit of setup to do.
    1. Save the attached text file in your BC3 install directory as "BComp.vbs".
    2. If you've installed somewhere besides C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3 you'll need to modify the first line, and if you installed TortoiseSVN to somewhere other than C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN you'll need to modify the second from last line as well.
    3. Follow the steps for setting up 3-way merge for TortoiseSVN from our VCS page, except add "wscript " at the start of the command line and change "BComp.exe" to "BComp.vbs", so you end up with:
      Code:
      wscript "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.vbs"
        %mine %theirs %base %merged /title1=%yname /title2=%tname
        /title3=%bname /title4=%mname

If you save the merge file it will resolve it automatically. If you want it to ask for confirmation remove /noquestion from the second to last line. if you exit without saving it won't resolve.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Thanks. This is much easier to use than the Tortoise Diff tool.

I had to modify the first line to get it to work. You need quotes because of the spaces in the path.

Code:
    SCmdLine = """C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe "" "

could you provide more information on this quick reply? i understand how to install it, but how is it used? what is the benefit of this compared to the other merge commandline?

By using that command line and the associated VBscript file BC will tell TortoiseSVN that the merge was successful so TortoiseSVN will remove the "filename.txt.mine", "filename.txt.r123", and "filename.txt.r234" files and change the file's icon from the "conflict" icon to the "changed" icon. If you use the command line we normally suggest you'll need to manually use the TortoiseSVN->Resolved... menu item after you save the merge result and exit BC.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Great. Thanks for quick reply. Can be handy indeed.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Yes, you can auto-resolve using TortoiseSVN, but it requires a bit of setup to do.
    1. Save the attached text file in your BC3 install directory as "BComp.vbs".
    2. If you've installed somewhere besides C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3 you'll need to modify the first line, and if you installed TortoiseSVN to somewhere other than C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN you'll need to modify the second from last line as well.
    3. Follow the steps for setting up 3-way merge for TortoiseSVN from our VCS page, except add "wscript " at the start of the command line and change "BComp.exe" to "BComp.vbs", so you end up with:
      Code:
      wscript "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.vbs"
        %mine %theirs %base %merged /title1=%yname /title2=%tname
        /title3=%bname /title4=%mname

If you save the merge file it will resolve it automatically. If you want it to ask for confirmation remove /noquestion from the second to last line. if you exit without saving it won't resolve.
    Are these steps to use with TortoiseSVN still necessary ?
    Is the BComp.vbs file the same as the BComp.com/exe that ships with BC3 now ?
    -Rob
    -------------------------
    Rob Leland

Hello,

No, this is not built-in to BC3. You still need the vbscript if you want it to resolve automatically.

Otherwise, you can select the files after the merge, and mark as Resolved manually.
    Aaron P Scooter Software