X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterd092
    Journeyman
    • Aug 2005

Beyond Compare opens in non-maximized state

Everytime I open Beyond Compare 3, it is always in a windowed state, not maximized.

I tried maximizing it, closing and reopening. I tried changing the shortcut properties.

Sorry if this is a duplicate..

Thanks

Peter
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Peter,

BC3 should remember the windowed or maximized state. Do you have any window management or theming applications installed on your computer?

Are you running the current version, BC3 build 462? What version of Windows are you using?
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• goldsy
      Enthusiast
      • Nov 2007

I see the behavior as described by Scooter. (Running Vista Ultimate and XP Pro both with build 462)

Cheers!
      Last edited by goldsy; 17-Jul-2008, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Peterd092
        Journeyman
        • Aug 2005

Running BC3 Build 462. Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I just installed BC3 for the first time on this computer yesterday. I didn't really change anything in the settings. I had one program that blocks the close button on specific applications, but I closed that and I still have the same problem.

Let me know if there is anything else I can check. BC3 seems very solid and the Workspaces is cool feature. I really wish I could put WorkSpaces on the toolbar...

Thanks for your help.

Peter

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Peter,

Please send us a copy of your BC3 settings.

To save your settings to a file, select Help > Support from the menu and click the Export button.

Send the settings to [email protected] and we'll look into this further.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Pete
            Fanatic
            • Nov 2007

I noticed in the past that if I do a clean install of BC3 (i.e. delete all .xml settings files before I start it), then it doesn't remember the maximized state until after the second time that I restart it. Not sure if this is what you're seeing.

Comment

• Peterd092
              Journeyman
              • Aug 2005

Sorry for some reason, I can't send you the file. But that was the problem.

I converted my Beyond Compare 2 settings, and started with those. Deleting the Beyond Compare 3 folder under Application Data\Scooter Software, fixed the problem.

Maybe I can piecemeal import the data with just sessions and see if that prevents the problem.
              UPDATE: Didn't help, no matter what I do or what little settings I import, I can't reproduce the problem now.

I don't like the need to restart computer during uninstall and reinstall, but just my opinion.

This is what I did to get this point:
              1. Uninstall
              2. Restart
              3. Start BC3, it remembered everything, shouldn't the unisntall remove the Application Data\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 3 folder or was their prompt that I missed.
              4. Closed BC3, deleted the Application Data\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 3
              5. Reopened and went through all the screens without importing any settings, and maximized and exited the program.
              6. Reopened and it remembered the maximized state.

Thanks for your help with this.

Peter
              Last edited by Peterd092; 20-Jul-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...