Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BC3 for Mac?

Hi,

I would also appreciate a MacOS version very much - or even some possibility to run BC3 e.g. under Crossover - any chances for making this possible?

best regards,
    __
    /homas Bleier

Sorry, we still don't have the resources to make a Mac version right now.

We haven't tested recently, but I've heard from some of our other users that BC3 doesn't run using Crossover or Darwine. Some of our users have reported success running BC2 using Crossover. You can still get a BC2 from: http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=dl2_en
    Chris K Scooter Software

Because we won't have a Mac version of BC3 in the near future, you might want to try a Mac native comparison program called Changes. I haven't tried it myself, so if you do try it please let us know how you think it compares to BC.

Changes: http://changesapp.com/

Also, here's a blog post that lists quite a few Mac comparison programs in the comments: http://echeng.com/journal/2006/11/23...-for-mac-os-x/
    Chris K Scooter Software

Lightbulb New Mac user misses BC

BC is one of two programs I miss from Windows. Since my Windows box is still on the same network, my solution is to share the Mac disk and run BC on Windows. Not wonderful, but better than not having BC at all.
    Terry W, Sabon Rai Software

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Because we won't have a Mac version of BC3 in the near future, you might want to try a Mac native comparison program called Changes. I haven't tried it myself, so if you do try it please let us know how you think it compares to BC.

Changes: http://changesapp.com/
    I own a copy of changes in my quest to replace Beyond Compare on my Mac. BC is the ONLY reason I go into a virtual windows session any more. And unfortunately I go into it daily.

I have not had a good experience with changes. When comparing a local folder with an FTP site I find that it is very slow (to the point that it seems hung and I end up killing the app). And, while its interface is nice, it still is not as easy to filer, and select the files you want from the icon bar.

I'd love to see a Mac version as well!

Dax

Default +1

Yes I have recently switched to mac as well. I guess more and more people are actually doing this switch over.

So I vore YES for BC for mac as well :-)

Don't know if its an .net application, but you might wan't to have a look at what www.skybound.ca is doing.

They have created an opensource gui that works on .net and mono.

Quote Originally Posted by jujuthing View Post
    I recently switched to a mac and BC is one of 3 applications I need parallels for. There is nothing comparable to it in the mac os x world...
    So +1 from me
    what are the other two applications you use?

Just another post begging for BC3-Mac. I can run it through Parallels and use it for things that way, but Parallels is slow and the strength of BC is that it's fast and simple (and has become one of my indispensable tools, alas!).

Just in case you didn't notice from the changelog, the current release of BC works under Wine/Crossover. I'm not sure how the speed is relative to Parallels, but you might give it a try.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Just in case you didn't notice from the changelog, the current release of BC works under Wine/Crossover. I'm not sure how the speed is relative to Parallels, but you might give it a try.
    Craig, it has been working great under the latest CrossOver, until today. I upgraded to your latest version and now I get errors that prevent me from seeing the settings area on a new tab. And if I keep attempting to view the settings by clicking on a different site's setup I can eventually see them all (after saying Continue through the errors).

But I when I tell it to Open or Open as New, nothing happens. Is there a way to get back to the previous version?