Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mar
    New User
    • Oct 2013

Is it possible for us to sign up for involvement in the beta?

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

We haven't announced specific details for the upcoming beta, but please keep an eye on this thread, our main News and Announcements forum, or our Facebook page for updates. We are working on delivering it by the end of the year.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• sgagner
        Journeyman
        • Oct 2013

It is very good to know that you intend to release the long awaited mac version. We are many waiting for it and we most definetly will buy a license as soon as it is avaliable.

Beyond Compare is the one and only reason why I need Parallels Desktop on my Mac with an unneccessary extra licens for Windows 7.

BC is essential for my translation work for Joomla CMS.

Comment

• pkr
          New User
          • Oct 2013

BC for Mac

I have been wanting BC for Mac for many years (writing Scooter more than onceto ask for it), and finally heard that a Beta version was being tested. I just came onto this forum and started reading encouraging news about an imminent release, then noticed that the date of those posts was Jan. 2013!
          I have loved BC for years and faithfully bought every upgrade. When I switched to Mac, I got Parallels just for BC and Quicken. I finally gave up on Quicken, and now that most of my (non-sensitive) files are on Dropbox, I'm afraid Scooter may have missed the boat a bit.
          Rarely has a company responded so slowly (6 years? more?) to entreaties from its loyal, enthusiastic customers. They keep saying "we're small". Well maybe they should have gotten a little bigger, at least temporarily.
          I'll take a look at BC for Mac, but I will tell you my once-great enthusiasm has diminished quite a bit.

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hi pkr,

For more on why it has taken a long time for us to release the Mac version, see the detailed post made by our project manager and lead developer, Craig:
            http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...49&postcount=2
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Kronosauus Rex
              New User
              • Nov 2013

I'm excited to try out the mac version. Ever since switching to a mac I've missed BC. I use Kaleidoscope right now and it looks really nice but is lacking some basic features. Can't wait for BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• spencoid
                Visitor
                • Mar 2006

would money help?

would it speed up the development process if all the people who have been waiting years for a Mac version of one of the greatest PC programs ever written, were to pay the license fee in advance of release?

any ideas when the beta might be available? still the end of 2013?

Comment

• Royce
                  Visitor
                  • Feb 2005

I am desperate for this too and will gladly pay an additional license fee for it. I have already licensed windows and linux versions. I need OS X as well. Beyond Compare has no equal!

Comment

• jadzado
                    New User
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by spencoid
                    would it speed up the development process if all the people who have been waiting years for a Mac version of one of the greatest PC programs ever written, were to pay the license fee in advance of release?

any ideas when the beta might be available? still the end of 2013?

I've recently started developing using a Mac. For the past few years I have used BC under Windows. I feel so....handicapped....trying to use ANY other compare tool. Add my voice to the begging for a Mac version!

Comment

• Chris
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

We're weeks away from BC4 mac as a public beta, but if you can't wait that long, email [email protected] and we'll provide you a link to the private beta version.
                      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Jochen
                        New User
                        • Dec 2013

Thanks for the Beta link :-)

I switched to Mac 4 years ago and since then I am missing BC
                        I tried many alternatives, but none suited my work.
                        So I am really happy that the wait is over now and we are close to a release date!

This is the best christmas gift for me this year :-)

Jochen

Comment

• Zoë
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare 4's beta has launched with Mac support!

http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta
                          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• John Whitley
                            Visitor
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Craig

http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta
                            Awesome, congratulations everyone! Christmas miracle, indeed.

Comment

• Kostas
                              New User
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Craig
                              Which (older) versions of Mac OS X are supported?

Thanks!

Comment

• Zoë
                                Team Scooter
                                • Oct 2007

OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and up
                                Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...