X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juanqui
    New User
    • Dec 2008

BC2 works fine under Darwine

BS3 however does not.. ..I'd appreciate a BS3 port to OS X soooo much!

Comment

• Mac1978
      New User
      • Dec 2008

Other software solutions

For Mac Users, there are at least two solutions to compare files and folders.

The first one is free as it is distributed with Mac OS X developer tools on the Mac OS X DVD. It is called FileMerge and is located in /Developer/Applications/Utilities. It works only on Mac OS X.

You can find an article about how to use it in http://www.macworld.com/article/4958...3/cmpfldr.html.

The second one is Deltawalker sold at http://www.deltopia.com/compare-merge-sync/macosx/. It works on Mac OS X, Linux and Windows.

I did not compare with BC3, but it leas there are also solutions on Mac OS X to compare files and folders contents.

Comment

• yamo
        Visitor
        • Jan 2008

Another long time bc user wants it on mac!...

now!-)...

Peter

Comment

• yamo
          Visitor
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mgillespie
          <rant>Surely if running a wide range of software is a requirement, why on earth do people buy a Mac? I mean it's common knowledge that it's got a fraction of the software that Windows has..

Every where you go, you see mac owners pestering companies for mac versions.. Perhaps they should have considered the software they want to run as a higher priority than the "coolness" factor of MacOS.</rant>
          have to buy a Mac to do iPhone dev...

Comment

• gcrocker
            New User
            • Jan 2009

Just ordered a new Mac Pro, my first Mac, and BC3 is one of the apps I'll be using VMWare to run. A native (or X) version would be great.

-glenn

Comment

• tbleier
              Visitor
              • Aug 2008

Hi,

I would also appreciate a MacOS version very much - or even some possibility to run BC3 e.g. under Crossover - any chances for making this possible?

best regards,
              __
              /homas Bleier

Comment

• Chris
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Sorry, we still don't have the resources to make a Mac version right now.

We haven't tested recently, but I've heard from some of our other users that BC3 doesn't run using Crossover or Darwine. Some of our users have reported success running BC2 using Crossover. You can still get a BC2 from: http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=dl2_en
                Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

Because we won't have a Mac version of BC3 in the near future, you might want to try a Mac native comparison program called Changes. I haven't tried it myself, so if you do try it please let us know how you think it compares to BC.

Changes: http://changesapp.com/

Also, here's a blog post that lists quite a few Mac comparison programs in the comments: http://echeng.com/journal/2006/11/23...-for-mac-os-x/
                  Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• twestley
                    Journeyman
                    • Mar 2004

New Mac user misses BC

BC is one of two programs I miss from Windows. Since my Windows box is still on the same network, my solution is to share the Mac disk and run BC on Windows. Not wonderful, but better than not having BC at all.
                    Terry W, Sabon Rai Software

Comment

• dax
                      Visitor
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Chris
                      Because we won't have a Mac version of BC3 in the near future, you might want to try a Mac native comparison program called Changes. I haven't tried it myself, so if you do try it please let us know how you think it compares to BC.

Changes: http://changesapp.com/
                      I own a copy of changes in my quest to replace Beyond Compare on my Mac. BC is the ONLY reason I go into a virtual windows session any more. And unfortunately I go into it daily.

I have not had a good experience with changes. When comparing a local folder with an FTP site I find that it is very slow (to the point that it seems hung and I end up killing the app). And, while its interface is nice, it still is not as easy to filer, and select the files you want from the icon bar.

I'd love to see a Mac version as well!

Dax

Comment

• hgr
                        New User
                        • May 2009

+1

Yes I have recently switched to mac as well. I guess more and more people are actually doing this switch over.

So I vore YES for BC for mac as well :-)

Don't know if its an .net application, but you might wan't to have a look at what www.skybound.ca is doing.

They have created an opensource gui that works on .net and mono.

Comment

• airdesign
                          New User
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by jujuthing
                          I recently switched to a mac and BC is one of 3 applications I need parallels for. There is nothing comparable to it in the mac os x world...
                          So +1 from me
                          what are the other two applications you use?

Comment

• Trager
                            New User
                            • Mar 2008

Just another post begging for BC3-Mac. I can run it through Parallels and use it for things that way, but Parallels is slow and the strength of BC is that it's fast and simple (and has become one of my indispensable tools, alas!).

Comment

• Zoë
                              Team Scooter
                              • Oct 2007

Just in case you didn't notice from the changelog, the current release of BC works under Wine/Crossover. I'm not sure how the speed is relative to Parallels, but you might give it a try.
                              Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• dax
                                Visitor
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Craig
                                Just in case you didn't notice from the changelog, the current release of BC works under Wine/Crossover. I'm not sure how the speed is relative to Parallels, but you might give it a try.
                                Craig, it has been working great under the latest CrossOver, until today. I upgraded to your latest version and now I get errors that prevent me from seeing the settings area on a new tab. And if I keep attempting to view the settings by clicking on a different site's setup I can eventually see them all (after saying Continue through the errors).

But I when I tell it to Open or Open as New, nothing happens. Is there a way to get back to the previous version?

Comment

Working...