X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hans.Schmidts
    Enthusiast
    • Jul 2008

Copy with Touch missing

To make sure that a makefile works and that e.g. CVS detects the new files there is need for a function which copies files and automatically sets the timestamp on the destination files. I found no easy way of doing this now: 1. I can not touch the selected source files before copy, since the source is opened with "Disable editing". 2 I can not touch the selected target files after copy since I can't use the "Show All" view, so the files immediately disappear after copy.
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

You're wanting a checkbox on the Copy Dialog to Touch copied files with current date and time? Would you also want it on the Move Dialogs?
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Hans.Schmidts
      Enthusiast
      • Jul 2008

Yes, but the move is not so important for me (normally I leave the source side untouched when merging in new releases of modules), so I only mentioned the copy.

Comment

• jeremy@beweb.co.nz
        Visitor
        • Jul 2008

bug report: touch issues

I'm getting problems with touch not being called when copying from left (files) to right (ftp), where im expecting the left to be touched. It looks like it does the first one, then forgets the rest.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

Could you send a screenshot(s) to [email protected] ?

A couple of different things could be happening:
          -is the Include Contents checkbox checked?
          -how many items does the Preview say it will Touch?
          -If you refresh, do the timestamps update to the proper time?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Jeremy,

Are you using BC3 build 462? Earlier releases had the "Touch local files when copying to an FTP site" option broken so only the first file of a multi-file selection would be touched. Build 462 should have this bug fixed.

If you're running BC3 build 462 and you continue to have trouble with touch, please let us know.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Hans,

Thanks for the suggestion. An option to touch files with the current time when copying is on our wish list.
              Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...