X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hans.Schmidts
    Enthusiast
    • Jul 2008

"Expand all common folders" missing

I miss a function to expand all common folders (leave folders which exist only on one side closed). I even would prefer to have this instead of normal "Expand all" in the toolbar, since in most cases I don't need to see the content of orphaned directories (I normally already know what's in them). The "workaround" with "Show No Orphans", select all, "Open subfolders" and switch back to "Show Differences" does not do what I want: 1. If there are files and folders selected then there is no "Open subfolders". 2. Orphaned directories in next level still gets opened.
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

One thing you can do is click on Tools \ Customize Commands... and choose the Toggles mode at the bottom of the dialog. Disable the Left and Right orphan toggles on the toolbar so that only common folders are visible, then expand all.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Hans.Schmidts
      Enthusiast
      • Jul 2008

Thanks, but that's not what I need. I need to see orphaned files and folders, but in 90% of all cases don't want the orphaned folders expanded. If I do what you suggested, then switch orphans on again, then I see all orphaned folders expanded - or have I missed some trick?

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Oct 2007

Scooter, could you update the Expand All function to leave hidden folders collapsed so that they are not expanded when orphans are turned back on? I agree that this would be preferable to the current functionality.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Oct 2007

Hans,

If you set your Folder View dropdown to "* Always Show Folders" then the folders will be visible even when the orphan files are not.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Hans.Schmidts
            Enthusiast
            • Jul 2008

That's still not what I need. I want to see orphaned files in common folders, and orphaned folders not expanded. But as fare as I understand your post #4 there is a chance that this will be possible in some future BC version - if so then don't worry, I will wait full of hope for (every) upcoming BC releases...

Comment

• Zoë
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Hans, although Michael's post count has surpassed almost everyone here, he's not actually an employee, and was making a feature request.

I discussed it with Tim though, and we agree that making "Expand All" only affect visible folders is reasonable, and we will make that change in the next release. That way you'll be able to do it just by using display filters. Michael has made another similar request (Show Common Folders), that we're considering as a separate feature.
              Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...