X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hans.Schmidts
    Enthusiast
    • Jul 2008

"Disable editing" in folder and file view

If I open folders or files from explorer (which is my most common BC use), then I found no easy way to set "Disable editing" for one or both sides. Going back to session manager is not what I want.
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

You can disable "Full Edit" mode by clicking on the pencil icon in the toolbar or pressing F2. This doesn't disable editing (you can still edit in the text details or merge lines from one side to the other) but it reduces the risk of accidental by disabling the Full screen edit mode.

You can also click on your Session Settings (Referee icon in the toolbar) and disable editing on either side from the Specs tab.
    Last edited by Michael Bulgrien; 11-Jul-2008, 01:38 PM.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Now that you mention it, though, the location of this option doesn't seem to be very intuitive. I wouldn't mind having an additional dropdown added to the File status bar (just above each input pane) where the user can select "Edit" or "Read-only" on the fly without opening the session settings. Of course, the dropdown would be disabled (or non-existant) on session types that are, by nature, read-only.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...