Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rothkj1022
    Fanatic
    • Apr 2008

I don't know about everyone else, but I only get prompted once a day that my trial is going to expire. How are you able to verify that the nag has gone away if you already received the message on the same day?

Comment

• rothkj1022
      Fanatic
      • Apr 2008

Oh, and I do not have UltraMon installed.

Also, I work with a team of developers here and the rest of my team are also receiving the trial nag message, so I know I'm not the only one having trouble with the nag on XP.

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I can reproduce the problem here. Looks like the bug was introduced in one of their 3.0 betas, because the 2.7 release worked. When I have time I'll look into it further or discuss it with their developers.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Zoë
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

rothkj1022,

What, exactly, are you reporting as a bug? The beta has the copy protection enabled, so it will count down in trial mode, and does display the nag screen once a day. That's the intended behavior.

Do you have a version 3 key? It's different than the v2 one. You can see if you're registered or not in the Help->About dialog.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Tim
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

The program only nags once per day (by design). You'll need a BC3 license key to continue to use the program beyond the trial period. Once you've entered a license key, you can verify that the nag has gone away by checking the About dialog.
            Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Tim
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Your settings won't be lost, but you'll need to get a BC3 license in order to continue to use the program. You can use this form to request an upgrade coupon:
              http://www.scootersoftware.com/shop.php?c=upgrade
              Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• rothkj1022
                Fanatic
                • Apr 2008

So I have to purchase a BC3 key to continue using the product while it is still in beta?

Comment

• rothkj1022
                  Fanatic
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by rothkj1022
                  So I have to purchase a BC3 key to continue using the product while it is still in beta?
                  Granted, me and my team will all be purchasing licenses the very moment BC3 is officially released, as it is an incredible product. I've just never heard of having to pay for beta software before...

Comment

• rothkj1022
                    Fanatic
                    • Apr 2008

Ok, I filled out the request form. Perhaps I don't have to pay at this point -- is that the case? If so, how will you manage collecting payment once BC3 is released?

Comment

• Tim
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by rothkj1022
                      I've just never heard of having to pay for beta software before...
                      I guess we just quirky that way.

If the nag screen doesn't say "Your 30-day evaluation period has ended" then you're ok. Once the main 45 days have counted down there's an additional 15 day grace period. (And the full release of BC 3.0.0 is 15 days from today.)

If it does say the evaluation has ended and it says "The program will stop running in xx days" then you have xx days of use left.

Since we only count the days that you actually use the program, the 45 + 15 days are enough to get most people through the beta without paying.
                      Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Tim
                        Team Scooter
                        • Oct 2007

You'll need to pay to get a BC3 key, but we'll send you an extension to the trial period.
                        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• rothkj1022
                          Fanatic
                          • Apr 2008

Awesome. You guys are very reasonable and great to work with.

Kevin

Comment

• Zoë
                            Team Scooter
                            • Oct 2007

Rick,

Thanks to some help from UltraMon's support this will be fixed in the next release, and as an added bonus I've fixed BC so it works correctly with their "don't add custom buttons to dialogs and message boxes" feature.
                            Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Rick Steinwand
                              Expert
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by Craig
                              Rick,

Thanks to some help from UltraMon's support this will be fixed in the next release, and as an added bonus I've fixed BC so it works correctly with their "don't add custom buttons to dialogs and message boxes" feature.
                              I've removed the customization from Ultramon and Build 463 seems to work ok now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...