X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xtraeme
    Enthusiast
    • May 2008

Confused by Source Control Integration.

I've setup Tools->Source Control Integration to point to my local Perforce workspace, configured it to use my p4 password, but what next?

For example, when I load a file in to BC3 that's lives in the local workspace I see no UI to tell Beyond Compare to DIFF that file against against head or to even get basic status information like "this file is checked out." What's worse is when if I go to modify that file and then save BC3 prompts:

"Confirm
    path\to\file is read-only. Are you sure you want to overwrite it"

When it should be asking me,

"Would you like to check this file out?"

Is there something else I have to do? Or is it more like Araxis where I have to do: p4://workspace/path/to/file in the right pane?

Help?
  • Xtraeme
    Enthusiast
    • May 2008

Any help with this?

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

It sounds like you got everything right. Try opening the workspace in the directory comparison, turning on the "Status" column, and expanding a few subdirectories. Do any of them show anything in the status column?
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Xtraeme
        Enthusiast
        • May 2008

Status is empty. Is there another plugin I have to install or something else I have to do to get this to work?

Under Souce Control Integration it shows the existing associations as:

Drive:\path\to\perforce\project\...

and in the Project column it says:

Perforce Project

Anything else I can try?

Comment

• Zoë
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

I've attached images of what you should do and see. If you actually get the dialog in step 2 then you must have everything that's required. It should react the same way, but you might try following the same steps in BC2 and see if it works any differently. If you haven't done it yet you might try restarting BC too, just in case it's caching something.

The only other thing I can think of is a known issue with Perforce: http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...b_perforce.php

In the copy of Perforce I have installed, p4scc.dll is version 2007.2.13.8826.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Xtraeme
            Enthusiast
            • May 2008

Figured it out! Awhile back there was a post (http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...read.php?t=471) that said the way to get it to work was to go to Tools->Source Control Integration and then add the association like so:

Drive:\path\to\perforce\workspace\...

Rather than:

Drive:\path\to\perforce\workspace\

The ... apparently broke the integration.

Thanks for the help Craig!

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
              Carpal Tunnel
              • Oct 2007

I think the ... in the referenced post was intended to represent the workspace. In other words:

Drive:\path\to\perforce\...

represents:

Drive:\path\to\perforce\workspace\
              BC v4.0.7 build 19761
              ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...