Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In the BC3 "Open With" dialog under Options, create an item with this Command Line: cmd /c @start "" "%f"

Then assign to a keyboard shortcut.

This causes a black command window to momentarily popup, but it will cause the associated app to open your selection.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFLand View Post
    This causes a black command window to momentarily popup
    Hello John,
    Thanks for the work around (which you also gave previously).
    Now how about Scooter giving us a solution that suppresses the annoying cmd window flash?
    Last edited by markf_2748; 26-Jun-2008 at 02:20 PM.

FYI - use /q instead of @ and the command window will be a little bit quicker:

cmd /c /q start "" "%f"

/q is for "quite" execution (Echo is turned off for the entire command, not just the start)
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bulgrien View Post
    FYI - use /q instead of @ and the command window will be a little bit quicker:
    /q must be a little too quick for my machine -- the cmd window flashes briefly but the file never opens.

Sorry, put the /q before the /c, not after it.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Michael,
    ok, now /q works but I cannot see any signficant difference in duration of the window. I think the real solution would be a script that speaks to the OS directly.

No, not a significant difference, just a slightly faster and cleaner black box (no white text flashing in the black command window).
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Hi Craig
    I have a (hopefully not too) late reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I think the one thing that's missing is how to separate multiple filenames. Assuming spaces might work; maybe if the %s is followed by a character it would use that as the separator?
    The Separator and double quotes for each file may be given in the command line as you suggested
    (i. e. "%s;" or %s,) or set in the configuration dialog (an input field as Path delimiter for the seperator and a checkbox for the double quotes). I think the configuration dialog would be easier to implement and to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    The other problem is that the command line is limited to 32KB, and given BC's interface it could be quite easy to exceed that with a large selection.
    About this the user has to take care but the problem minimizes if the working folder can be respected (then relative paths may be submitted as far as possible).

Greetings Lutz

Hi Lutz,

No, it's not too late. This will be implemented at some point, but I haven't had time to work on it yet, so it's not going to be in 3.0.0.

Craig
    Zoë P Scooter Software