X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

.BAK Crash

Using the Explorer context menu, try to compare two .BAK files.
    CRASH
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Tim
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

It appears that we've broken the Cirrus' ability to compare files presented on the command line. The Explorer context menu as well as dragging files onto Cirrus is affected.

I know you depend on the shell extension and I apologize for the inconvenience. We'll try to get this fixed on the weekend.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

No problem, Tim... I am just testing... I won't be doing any real work until Monday.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Tim
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

It appears the crash is limited to the "optimized build" installed on Vista. I think you'll be ok if you download and install the debug build.

(Note that for each crash there will be an invisible Cirrus.exe running that needs to be killed by Task Manager. I had 6 of them to get rid of before I could sucessfully install a different build.)
        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Oct 2007

Thanks, Tim.

The Vista Machine is my secondary machine. I did not remember that I had an optimized build on it. I've installed the debug build and it seems to be working fine.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Brian Gladman
            Visitor
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Tim
            It appears that we've broken the Cirrus' ability to compare files presented on the command line. The Explorer context menu as well as dragging files onto Cirrus is affected.

I know you depend on the shell extension and I apologize for the inconvenience. We'll try to get this fixed on the weekend.
            I believe you are right about this this being limited to the optimised build. I installed the latest optimised build on Vista x64 and had a lot of crashes when I tried to compare files from within folder compare sessions. But these problems are not occuring with the debug build.

best regards,

Brian Gladman

Comment

• James Clark
              Journeyman
              • Oct 2007

I get the same thing with the optimized build on XP SP2, when launching some diffs from within Code Co-op (some are OK, and some are not). Switching to the debug build fixes the problem.

Comment

• Jobol
                Enthusiast
                • Dec 2007

I get the same crashes. Updating to 451 now.

Comment

• Jobol
                  Enthusiast
                  • Dec 2007

451 seems to have fixed the issue for me.

Comment

Working...