• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdmarch
    Fanatic
    • Oct 2007

Request option: minimize to tray

Request option: minimize to tray
    Helpful for keeping the taskbar uncluttered.
    There are 3rd party utilities which do this, but nice to have the option built-in.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you find yourself often leaving BC open while it is performing a large task/sync and just need to get it out of the way? Or is it normally idle in those situations. Just curious about our user(s) habits.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jdmarch
      Fanatic
      • Oct 2007

A little of both. Sometimes I'm doing a huge sync and want BC out of the way; more often, I'm through comparing for now but expect to be making some changes soon which I'll want to sync or compare without the bother of reloading the program. I don't leave BC open just to have it nearby... if I'm actually through with a session for the foreseeable future, I'll close it, since I can reopen it in a jiffy with Auto Hot Key.

One more thing: if BC is minimized to tray, I'll want my BC hotkey to open the existing instance, not create a new one. To that end, didn't there used to be a "one instance only" option? Has that disappeared or am I just not finding it?

Comment

• mgillespie
        Enthusiast
        • Dec 2007

I do generally have BC open, and subsequent compares are done in the active session.

Minimising to tray would be handy for me.

Comment

• Dave_L
          Veteran
          • Dec 2007

I'd like a minimize-to-tray feature also.

My usage habits are about the same as jdmarch's, except that I don't use a hotkey.

I sometimes have a couple of instances of BC open at a time. But that's only because it's usually easier to start a new comparison using the context menu functions than to do it via a new tab in the existing instance. If the context menu functions added a tab in the existing instance of BC, I would have no need for multiple instances.

P.S. I mostly use GNU/Linux, so please don't make this a Windows-only feature.

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Dave,

You can have new compares from the shell extension open in a tab in an existing window. In BC3, select Tools|Options. Go to the Tabs section. Make sure "Open sessions in" is set to "A new tab".
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
              Veteran
              • Dec 2007

Chris, that works in the Windows version, but not the Linux one. I've reported that with a separate post in the Linux forum: http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ead.php?t=3418
              Last edited by Dave_L; 04-Jun-2008, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...