Clear All
  • WarrenStanley
    Journeyman
    • May 2008

Next File tries to open folder instead of file

Setup a folder compare session as follows:
    Show Differences
    Only Compare Files

Setup the files between the compared folders such that there are three folders displayed, each with one file that is different, each side should look as follows:
    +folder1
    |-file1
    +folder2
    |-file2
    +folder3
    --file3

View differences of file1. Make both files the same, then use Ctrl-M to go to the file. Answer yes to saving changes.
    The text compare will attempt to open and display folder3, not file2.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Warren,

Thank you for reporting the bug. I'm having trouble reproducing this. Please send a copy of your settings (using Help|Support and the Export button) and a screen shot showing the example files and folders you're comparing to [email protected] and I'll continue to look into this.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• hwalters3
      Journeyman
      • May 2008

This may be related to a problem I've found, where I have several files with differences, in the same folder.

Suppose I have three files File1.txt, File2.txt and File3.txt. If I open File1.txt in the file viewer, resolve all differences by copying lines from one side or the other, and then do "Search, Next Difference Files", it skips past File2.txt to File3.txt.
      Last edited by hwalters3; 06-Jun-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

If you set your Folder Compare's display filter to All Files, does that help?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• hwalters3
          Journeyman
          • May 2008

Assuming you mean "Show All" on the View menu, yes it does; if I resolve all differences in File1.txt, then do "Next Difference Files", it moves to File2.txt as desired. This is not a solution, as I usually run it with "Show Differences But No Orphans"; but hopefully it will help you track down the problem.

Comment

• Zoë
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

I've repeated this inhouse and it will be fixed in the next release.
            Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...