X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Learn more about BC3

I've opened a public beta site for BC3. Download links will be coming soon, but for now you can check out our screenshots and videos, as well as pricing and upgrade info.
    Tim T Scooter Software
  • mdes
    • Apr 2008

Re: Learn more about BC3

Great
    Still max 25 days to wait for the 1st beta!
    Michel Dessaintes
    Modérateur du Forum Francophone & Traducteur Officiel de BC2/BC3/BC4 en Français

Comment

• paulonolan
      Enthusiast
      • Apr 2008

Hi Tim. Nice to see this happening. Any chance of a Linux version? My other favourite sync tool is moving that way (Superflexible). Two quick comments.

The opening screen with the word "Compare" repeated vertically would, I think, be tidier without the repetition and with a drop down list. I think it's worth simplifying visually ... especially something as powerful as BC. Superflexible went through a ground-up redesign recently and is both more powerful and apparently simpler. The before and after are worth a look.

The comparison without structure is terrific, especially if all you care about is files. Sometimes, of course, context (structure), matters. I'll be interested to see how that might be handled. An ability to compare directory folders without structure would be a big help!

Happy to see a Linux version in the works. Am running Ubuntu alongside Vista now.

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Paul,

Thanks for the suggestions.

We're planning to launch a Linux public beta as well as the Windows version.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Tim
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Concerning your suggestion, BC3 has a "tweak" setting that eliminates the column of buttons on the home view. The "Edit session defaults" tree node turns into a "New" node containing the various session types.
          Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Working...