Nothing listed in FTP half of comparison

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing listed in FTP half of comparison

I am attempting to FTP to a z/VM system for one half of my file comparison but I cannot see anything in the z/VM side of the file list.

I've tried all combinations of Indy 9/SmartFTP with Passive/Not passive mode. SmartFTP seems a little further along given the returned messages but passive mode does not make a difference.

The LIST command sent out does come back with the right number of bytes transferred and I see the message for list completed successfully but never see any file listing.

The file system I am using on z/VM is the most common one, VM mini-disks. So the list should return a list of all files on the addressed mini-disk (the current directory in FTP terms). The bytes returned are the same number of bytes that bottom-line FTP in windows XP returns via the "DIR" command. Perhaps the data being returned is simply not understood by BC? This comes back in a form like:

filename filetype
    XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY F lrecl size ...

If I use the "LS" command in Windows FTP, I get a much more PC-like list of files returned: xxxxxxxx.yyyyyyyy but there is no size information returned.

Messages from BC end in this fashion:
    3/14/2008 4:00:40 PM Sent> LIST
    3/14/2008 4:00:40 PM Recv> 125 List started OK
    3/14/2008 4:00:40 PM Stat> 159246 bytes transferred. (710 KB/s) (219 ms)
    3/14/2008 4:00:40 PM Recv> 250 List completed successfully.
    3/14/2008 4:00:40 PM Load Comparison: left <-> right

Any ideas here? Is there perhaps a way to override the actual sent "list" command if that might give back data in more understood format?

Thanks.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Nothing listed in FTP half of comparison

Kubes,

I don't think there is a way to make BC2 support FTP to z/VM. However, the FTP library we're using for the Beyond Compare 3 private beta lists support for z/VM, so it might work. Please send an email to [email protected] and we'll get you added to the beta so you can try it.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Re: Nothing listed in FTP half of comparison

Sorry, I was just corrected, our FTP developer said that z/VM should be supported in BC2. Please capture a directory listing using the Windows command line FTP client and send a copy to [email protected].
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...