• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caligari
    New User
    • Nov 2007

BC2 running on Linux!

Hi,

Just thought you might like to know that BC2 runs great on Linux (Ubuntu distro: a Debian variant) in a WINE (WINE Is Not an Emulator) window

I've been running it for about a month now, and use it to back up my USB sticks (FAT32) and transfer files between work(Windows/NTFS) who has BC2 licences and home(Linux/ext2-3). I simply installed it straight off the website: even the various filters work fine, e.g. the Picture Viewer. The only thing I could not get to work is trying to use a keyboard shortcut if it requires the CTRL key (which may be a WINE problem: I haven't checked since it's not a big concern). Everything else is fine.

Regards & thanks,
    Cali

Re: BC2 running on Linux!

We develop on and for very large and complex Linux systems (20 CPUs, 10's of program modules and million+ SLOC/module). My solution for a decent compare tool is to open the firewall and use Beyond Compare on my Windows PC computer via FTP.

Can we have a native linux Beyond Compare please? Even if you can give us half the features it will be twice as good as the best Linux tool.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

I suggest checking here: (BC3 News->Other Platforms)
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/ubbthread...page=0#Post6574

In summary, we are working on a linux version of Beyond Compare 3.0.

If you have any questions, you can post to the forums or email us at [email protected]
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I'd be very interested in this, as I make the (gradual) transition from Windows to Linux (Ubuntu). There just doesn't seem to be any tool on Linux that has all the BC features.

Comment

Working...