X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • migalha
    New User
    • Aug 2007

2 ClearCase Issues

Hi all. I'm trying to implement BC2 at the company I work.
    1. There's this command "clearfsimport", where it updates a source folder into a destination folder (adding new elements and removing obsoletes).
    I'm using BC2 pretty much like clearfsimport, but when I sync, it doesn't remove the orphans under source control, I must click on "remove from source control". It's no big deal, but if it was automatic, it would be more used with ClearCase.
    2. In this same situation, if I copy or move an orphan file to the other side (under a ClearCase view), BC2 doesn't add this file to the repository, just copy it as a private file. I have to put each new file under source control manually.

With these 2 issues, is there a solution, or it's not a functionality designed for BC2? If it isn't, will it be in a future release?
    Thanks
    - Daniel
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: 2 ClearCase Issues

Daniel,

Beyond Compare 2 doesn't support automatically adding or removing files from ClearCase version control with the copy, sync, or delete commands. You'll need need to use the Actions|Source Control menu instead.

We would like to add support for loading a repository as a folder and using the sync or copy commands to update, add, or remove files in a future version of Beyond Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...