X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichA
    New User
    • Aug 2007

Error Comparing files in VS 2005 w/TFS and BC 2.5

I use BC with VS 2005 and TFS to perform diffs and merges. The single most frequent thing I do is compare the file I'm editing with the latest checked-in version. VS makes this easy: the "File | Source Control | Compare" function is on the toolbar. Two clicks and BC's window appears.

Until I installed version 2.5.

Now, when I do a diff that way (or via the menu), an error message pops up that reads, "The string must have at least one character. Parameter name: name". After clicking the pop-up's OK button, everything is fine, and BC works as expected.

Merges and other diffs work without a hitch. (For example, choosing two versions from a file's history and doing Comapre from the context menu works fine.) This had been working for over a year, and I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything--other than the 2.5 upgrade. I have the Version Control User Tools configured exactly as prescribed in the BC KB article.

Any ideas what's causing this?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Error Comparing files in VS 2005 w/TFS and BC

We are looking into this issue. It will take a bit to setup the necessary environment. Have you made any progress investigating this on your end?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Re: Error Comparing files in VS 2005 w/TFS and BC

If you could email us some additional information at [email protected]
      that would help us narrow down what is going on.

Your Support.zip (Help menu->Support, Export button) and screen shots of your current configurations would be helpful.

Also, one screen to check would be under Tools menu -> Options, Source Control. Is this the integration you are using when you refer to Version Control User Tools?
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...